One of our grads trying out for American Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here she is

n525655012_582987_9507.jpg

That'd be cool if she makes it on the show. They could do one of those human interest stories where she's talking about how nice you are - while you stand there with that famous Leavelle smile.

lol! She just stopped by tonight. I talked to communications here and they are going to try and contact the producers and give them her story which I am writing for them to send in! I hope they decide to film her story as she told me tonight she would love to have us in it.

Wow, now we just found out that Arielle's sister, who was also with us, has been signed by two modeling agencies AND she will be competing in this years Ms. Pennsylvania Pageant!

We're so proud of these two young ladies.

AdamJasmine.jpg

Well, they didn't take her. Her tryout was today in Philly, and that decision honestly makes me less of a fan of the show. I may not even watch this season. I honestly believe Arielle is as good as anyone I've ever heard on the program.

My belief is that they are looking for more than talent...but rather someone to exploit. Consider it a good thing she didn't get it.

I have a friend in the music industry. It's tough. And you have to be careful. He turned down the first contract he was offered (1.5 mil).

I would agree with that!

For every believer that sets a wonderful example to the world as they are thrust into the limelight I would venture to say that there are scores that let the world get to them.

:um:

I know they probably don't consider it a blessing they did not make it, but that's the way I would view it.

Our Son's daughter tried out in Atlanta. She's a good singer and a very attractive young lady of 21.

I'm glad she did not make it!

My belief is that they are looking for more than talent...but rather someone to exploit. Consider it a good thing she didn't get it.

I have a friend in the music industry. It's tough. And you have to be careful. He turned down the first contract he was offered (1.5 mil).

Well, they didn't take her. Her tryout was today in Philly, and that decision honestly makes me less of a fan of the show. I may not even watch this season. I honestly believe Arielle is as good as anyone I've ever heard on the program.
Did she get any feedback from the judges as to why they didn't accept her?

Were you there to hear her? Was she as good then as other times you'd heard her?

They never give feedback, and sadly I had to work and couldn't go. Honestly, knowing Arielle, she didn't "want it" bad enough. She's a very, very humble young lady. She is very pretty and has a very interesting story as well. With those things and her voice I thought for sure she'd make it.

:wow: What was the downside of a 1.5 million dollar contract that would cause a person to turn it down?

:wow: What was the downside of a 1.5 million dollar contract that would cause a person to turn it down?
The pressure was a key tip off to be careful. The second was the type of music vs. the fact that my friend is a Christian from a Christian family. He couldn't do it in good conscience. Believe me, being one of 8 children...the money was a HUGE temptation. And still he managed to get into the industry ;) The Lord has His ways apart from man's (desires and temptations).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back