One True God

• Thread starter Deleted member 10797
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10797

Q5. Are there more god's than one?
A. There is but one only, living true God.
Deuteronomy. 6:4, Jeremiah. 10:10​

What we are to believe about God regarding his nature is the focus of the fifth question. Scripture teaches us that there is only one God and one mediator between God and mankind. 1 Timothy 2:5 says, “For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” Isaiah 43:10 also testifies to this truth, in that verse of Scripture we read, “You are My witnesses, declares the LORD, And My servant whom I have chosen, In order that you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.” There is only one Holy and Almighty God, the author of the Old and New Testament. The Prophet Isaiah declares, “This is what the Lord says, He who is the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of armies: ‘I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.” The Holy Bible makes it very clear that the God of Scripture is the One and only true God.

Hosea 13:4, Jeremiah 14:22, Isaiah 40:25, and many more declare this fact. There is none like the One true God. Thus, the worship and praise of another is idolatry. True worship belongs to God alone, you shall have no other gods before Him. When the Apostle Paul visited the city of Athens, he saw an altar TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Paul made it clear that the true God can be known, but only in spirit and truth. Paul encouraged his listeners to recognise and acknowledge One God by proclaiming the worship of false gods as vain, foolish, and sinful.

The people of Athens just like people today would have known about Greek gods, Roman gods, and other manmade gods. All false gods are the creation of man, after man's own desires and passions. The message of Paul and Scripture is that the One true God is not a distant, and inactive, but one that is alive, and men and women can have a personal relationship with the living God through Jesus Christ.

May we as the Church say with Joshua, "as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” May we worship Him alone, for he is worthy of praise, honour, and complete trust, who is the author and finisher of life. Rejoice in the Lord. “And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent” (John 17:3).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back