Online (free) educational resources

Discussion in 'Seminaries, Colleges & Education' started by kainos01, Jul 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. kainos01

kainos01 Puritan Board Senior

I'd appreciate any contributions to a list of free online courses (recorded or interactive). Any language is fine (please indicate if it is not English, though).
    If you have a brief description or account of your or another's experience, that would also be helpful. Please include a link.
    Thanks!

2. Relztrah

Relztrah Puritan Board Freshman

The audio of lectures from courses offered at several seminaries is available on iTunes at no cost. I have listened to complete courses offered by both Covenant and Westminster. Just download the iTunes app, go to the iTunes Store and select Podcasts as the medium. There is a search box so you can type in whatever topic you are looking for. You'll see many different podcasts for any given topic, so you have to select the one from a seminary or lecturer that you want to hear.

3. ZackF

ZackF Puritan Board Graduate

4. Goodcheer68

Goodcheer68 Puritan Board Freshman

Third millennium https://thirdmill.org/

They have free course; videos, mp3s, and pdfs. And some are available in different languages.

5. iainduguid

iainduguid Puritan Board Sophomore

Biblicaltraining.org has a variety of resources, from a variety of evangelical backgrounds. The highlight for me was Bruce Waltke's courses on Psalms and Proverbs.

6. Mikey

Mikey Puritan Board Freshman

They've been instrumental for me!

7. Branson

Branson Puritan Board Freshman

8. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

That could open a :worms:. But it probably belongs on a different forum.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • List
  9. kainos01

Thanks. This is for a resource list to be shared with pastors in the Majority World. So, any other languages would also be welcome additions

10. iainduguid

iainduguid Puritan Board Sophomore

To highlight what Patrick said above, Third Millennium has resources in a number of different languages

11. kainos01

Yes, it is an excellent resource; I have had the opportunity to contribute to their teaching videos.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. jwithnell

jwithnell Moderator Staff Member

Forgive me if I missed something, but are you primarily looking for theological training? If not, I'm looking at classes via cnx.org Openstax

13. ZackF

ZackF Puritan Board Graduate

It’s not all courses or reformed but sermonaudio.com is good place to look.

14. kainos01

Sorry for not being clearer. Yes, this is just for biblical/theological studies.

15. Jake

Jake Puritan Board Junior