Opening the a capella exclusive psalmody forum: New rules;

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
We will be reopening the EP subforum with some new twists. In this trial period threads and posts will be moderated. That means a moderator has to approve any thread created, and any posts to that thread.

For now I will post an opening thread; and it will I think be sufficient for a while; so until a moderator suggests otherwise don't go trying to create EP threads. We won't approve them. All posts prior to this date and time are closed and not open for posting. Once the forum re-opening thread appears, anyone can post, but those posts will go through a moderator filter. After a while, if there is a good period of behavior where the moderators are not having to disapprove a percentage of posts, we will lift the posting filter. The thread filter will stay for the foreseeable future and we will let everyone know when they can start submitting threads.

Now, I will add something one of our moderators was going to post before the EP subforum went to lock down earlier today.
"Okay. Folks! Maybe some people here don't recall why we had a moratorium on EP topics. I will remind everyone, it was because the discussions turned uncivil in a hurry. Do not impute motives to others, do not impugn character, argue reasonably, pray before posting, build up your brothers and sisters."
The moderators prefer we be able to have a completely open forum for this topic. But for some reason this particular subject melts down very quickly; at least that is the recent history. As to your posts and threads submitted to the EP subforum: If they are approved they will appear; if not they won't. Remember that the (as of now seemingly required) approval strictures will mean posts will take some time to "appear." That may be an advantage as it will slow down the pace of threads and encourage breathing pauses. If your post does not appear, don't ask the moderators about it. Non-appearance of a post means it was not approved. We have a good mix of EP and nonEp and in between as moderators; judgments will not be on content but to the general guidelines of behaviour (i.e. we are moderating behaviour not the greatest of argument. If someone posts a reasonably worded but unclear post that doesn't really advance the discussion, it will get approved; but if someone posts a shrill name calling but cogent post that answers all questions that could ever exist on EP, it won't be approved). Make an argument; make it winsomely. Seek to edify. Don't post simple "Amen" or "No way" posts; we won't approve those. Those are the terms for this trial.

If you have a question, send a note to a moderator. Don't start a thread in another forum asking "how can I post to the EP forum".

Just a note to say the system seems to be working as far as technical aspects. Again, no simple "amen" or :worms: posts. Also; be on topic to the thread; posts otherwise fine but are deemed rabbit trails to the opening topic of the thread will not be approved.

The sub forum is now free of prior moderation.
A capella Exclusive Psalmody at the The PuritanBoard Sub-forum dedicated to the discussion of non-instrumental worship and the exclusive use of the Psalms per the Reformed Confessions. Forum moderation has been lifted. Thread creation and posting no longer require moderator approval. Participants are reminded to be respectful of the Reformed Confessions and to avoid ad hominem labels of Pharisaism simply because a brother is more scrupulous.

Old comment, no longer applicable: The request to not create threads for the EP subforum is lifted; however, all threads and posts will still be subject to moderator approval.
A capella Exclusive Psalmody Moderated Sub-forum dedicated to the discussion of non-instrumental worship and the exclusive use of the Psalms per the Reformed Confessions. Posts and threads will sit in a cue for moderator approval. Participants are reminded to be respectful of the Reformed Confessions and to avoid ad hominem labels of Pharisaism simply because a brother is more scrupulous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back