Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladestunner316

Puritan Board Doctor
Anyone seeing star wars at midnight? I wish I was but I cant get there :(

Got tickets for May 20th 7:30pm!!!!

Cant Wait!!!!

star.jpg

I have always gone to the first showing in the past. NOt anymore! nose bleed seating and waiting 2 hours or more in line isnt worth it to me. I may see it on friday. Although I heard it is supposed to be better than past episodes.

I am hoping for the kind of tension that was at the end of "Return of the Jedi" (Vader, Anakin...inward struggle)

Well the thing that I see with anikan is his emotional immaturity vs the jedi councils anti-emotional doctrine.

If people arnt allowed to productivelly deal with their emotions they will have destructive consequences.

blade

Just got back from seeing it! There is ONE line at the end that I hated, as did my pastor who I took along. Other than that, everything I expected.

I am playing the Wookiee Hooky this afternoon for lunch!

No IT help at my company during lunch today.

Yer on yer own.

LOL, I still refuse to waste my money and time seeing this nonsense :D. But my son not only is planning on going with some of his friends, but they are planning on dressing up to see it! My son has already bought a revenge of the Sithe version Light Saber! LOL,,... It must be a man thing! :p

Originally posted by Loriann
LOL, I still refuse to waste my money and time seeing this nonsense :D. But my son not only is planning on going with some of his friends, but they are planning on dressing up to see it! My son has already bought a revenge of the Sithe version Light Saber! LOL,,... It must be a man thing! :p

Admins...I know Loriann isn't messing with the CoW or key doctrines but can we ban her for calling Star Wars nonsense? :lol: Just kidding, Loriann!

Originally posted by crhoades

Admins...I know Loriann isn't messing with the CoW or key doctrines but can we ban her for calling Star Wars nonsense? :lol: Just kidding, Loriann! [/quote]

:lol::lol::lol: (OK, WHERE'S THE ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING SMILIE?)

CHRIS, I've been banned for less! (from other sites)

And I do fear some would say I AM messing with Doctrinal differences! LOL But my statment stands! ROFL

THIS JUST IN!

STar wars should be banned!

That's right folks! Those of us who are sane are joining the ranks to ban the movement!:p:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 5-19-2005 by Loriann]

Originally posted by houseparent
Just got back from seeing it! There is ONE line at the end that I hated, as did my pastor who I took along. Other than that, everything I expected.

I wish my congregants would take me out to the movies!
014.gif

My wife and I have tickets to see it this Saturday at noon. It will be our first movie since having our daughter!

Originally posted by crhoades

Admins...I know Loriann isn't messing with the CoW or key doctrines but can we ban her for calling Star Wars nonsense? :lol: Just kidding, Loriann!

She has turned to the dark side! Reformed Jedi beware!!! :chained:;)

Originally posted by Bladestunner316
HP,
What line was that where he goes "NO!!!!" ?

Blade

It was right before they began to fight. Anakin says :If you are not with me then you are my enemy.

Obi-Wan responds: It is only the Sith who believe in absolutes.

:down:

I see-Alot of people have miscontrued that with the Bush Doctrine though the saying Bush used sounds similar to Christ's its really isnt in application.

Blade

I didn't like the line, but to me, SW is pure fantasy. It doesn't really matter because it's not real in any way shape or form. It was a great movie that was alot of fun.

What's odd though, speaking about the fictional story not it's relevance to real life, is that the Jedi do seem kind of "odd". They speak of helping others and self sacrafice, but when Anakin was worried about Padme's death, Yoda seemed indifferent and basically said Anakin would need to get over it.

The Jedi come across cold and indifferent to me often in the movies.

What's odd though, speaking about the fictional story not it's relevance to real life, is that the Jedi do seem kind of "odd". They speak of helping others and self sacrafice, but when Anakin was worried about Padme's death, Yoda seemed indifferent and basically said Anakin would need to get over it.

That's because they are looking at the bigger picture, the cause worth fighting for. Remember Yoda in Empire when he responded to Luke's whine, "And just them them die?" Yoda says, "If you honor what they fight for, yes."

2 hours ago

LOS ANGELES - Moviegoers flocked to the dark side in droves, giving the final installment of George Lucas' "Star Wars" tale a record-breaking midnight run.

"Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" raked in an estimated $16.5 million from 2,900 midnight screenings Thursday, according to box-office tracker Exhibitor Relations.

That's double what the Oscar-winning film "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" took in during its midnight showings in 2003. The third film from director Peter Jackson's trilogy rang up about $8 million domestically from 2,100 midnight shows.

"This is extremely impressive," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of Exhibitor Relations. "It just says so much about how excited people are to see this film that they lined up at midnight and just got on board and went along for the ride."

After the midnight debut, "Revenge of the Sith" widened to 3,661 theaters for daytime and evening screenings. The studio, 20th Century Fox, said box-office results for the first full day would be available Friday.

Tickets for the film went on sale last month. Soon after, legions of fans began lining up at theaters across the country, many dressed in full "Star Wars" regalia and sporting Jedi light sabers.

The final chapter in Lucas' six-film saga chronicles Anakin Skywalker's transformation from hero to villain Darth Vader. The film may be the darkest chapter in the "Star Wars" story, featuring more violence and a story line showing how a democratic government turns into a despotic regime.

"Revenge of the Sith" is the first "Star Wars" film to earn a PG-13 rating. The first five films were rated PG.

Yes. Same as in Episode ll when Obi Wan gave little to no comfort to Anakin when he told of his fears concerning his mother. Not too surprising that he would seek comfort else where, ie, Palpatine.

No, it's a nerd thing. ;) I have a small lightsaber collection myself.

Originally posted by Bladestunner316
HP,
What line was that where he goes "NO!!!!" ?

Blade

It was right before they began to fight. Anakin says :If you are not with me then you are my enemy.

Obi-Wan responds: It is only the Sith who believe in absolutes.

:down:

I knew that must be the line you meant! I heard it a little differently, though; I thought Obi-Wan said, "It is only the Sith who speak in absolutes." I spent some time trying to figure out how this could possibly be consistent with the Jedi's stance that the Sith are (absolutely) evil... Of course, unbelievers are characterized by inconsistency, but I'm wondering if Obi-Wan meant more in terms of forcing ultimatums on others... nonetheless, I silently groaned when I heard it.

It annoyed me, but it's so hilarious: Oh, really, Obi-Wan? It's only the Sith? Absolutely no Jedi ever speak in absolutes? Absolutely not! (And you're not speaking in absolutes when you say that, either!) :um:

[Edited on 5-20-2005 by Ex Nihilo]

Good movie,but it seemed like Anakin`s turn didn`t seem as "justified" as I thought it should seem.

There is two things Palpitine says that drove me up the wall.

Sounding like Gollum: No...No.......YOU WILL DIE!(What made this look bad was how his mouth looked when he said no.)

Palpitine:Be my apprentice and learn the dark side of the force.

Anakin:I`ll do whatever you want.

Palpitine:Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!(sounding like he just took a hit on some illegal drug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back