Opening Weekend!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by houseparent
Originally posted by Bladestunner316
HP,
What line was that where he goes "NO!!!!" ?

Blade

It was right before they began to fight. Anakin says :If you are not with me then you are my enemy.

Obi-Wan responds: It is only the Sith who believe in absolutes.

:down:

Somehow, I KNEW this was the line that bothered you! (because it bothered me too).

I had no wait yesterday @ 4:30. I went straight to the theatre after work, without calling to see if it was playing there, got a ticket and walked in at 4:35 still in previews. Found a nice seat and everything.

But did you notice later on (forgot who), but the dialogue focused on good vs evil (I wanna say it was Emperor vs Yoda) which directly contradicted the statement by Obi-Wan ?

Good movie but it was dark.

The movie guy played a great prank on us during the lunch (long) showing. He showed a blue screen of death on the movie screen before the movie started and asked through the window if there was anyone in the audience that could help with his problem. Don't everyone get up at once, he says.

This is lunch time on a Thursday. It was tooooo funny.

Originally posted by crhoades

Admins...I know Loriann isn't messing with the CoW or key doctrines but can we ban her for calling Star Wars nonsense? :lol: Just kidding, Loriann!

Note my mood! I've decided to join the ranks of the wise that have banned star wars! AND YES, WE ARE OUT THERE! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Originally posted by Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by Loriann
LOL, I still refuse to waste my money and time seeing this nonsense :D. But my son not only is planning on going with some of his friends, but they are planning on dressing up to see it! My son has already bought a revenge of the Sithe version Light Saber! LOL,,... It must be a man thing! :p

No, it's a nerd thing. ;) I have a small lightsaber collection myself.

Yo, you callin me a nerd?:bigsmile:

Was it me or did Vader's suit look cheaper this time around than in 77?

Technology improved over time.:D

On the callousness of the Jedi, perhaps they are like our liberals, they care about humanity but not individual humans.

Also, I think the actual line that offended everyone may have been "Only the Sith believe in Calvinism." :cool:

the sith use lies, deception, murder of children, sounds like the democrats to me.

I saw it at midnight and at 7pm thurs. Good movie, but way too dark. I shed a tear at padme's funeral. Star wars is finally over and i sense some loss.

I was so hoping that Jar Jar would hold a light saber, trying to figure our where the light actually came from, and would accidentally turn it on.

Mee-sa not feel too gooood.

If anyone has been close to molten magma or iron ore, they know that there is no way that they could have possibly stayed that close battling each other.

I mean it is like Star Trek, when someone used magnetic boots to walk on the outer shell of the Enterprise.

The shell is Titanium, non magnetic. They would have floated off into space. Sheesh, that just ruined that movie for me!! Not really, must have been a glitch in the Matrix.

[Edited on 5-20-2005 by govols]

Tell me is this movie too intense for a nine year old boy. He has talked about this movie for weeks. Most of the guys at cub scouts are taking their bear cubs this weekend.

anikan loses his legs and arm and burns in lava-mace loses his arm and gets fried with electricity, emporer face gets fried with electricity melts his face. dooku loses his hands and head. Jedi get slaughtered including kids.

Blade

Saw the movie, it was good but the characters weren't developed enough for my tastes (they weren't in the previous 2 movies either). Still was a good movie, but very dark.

Obi-Wan responds: It is only the Sith who believe in absolutes.

As mentioned this is so inconsistent because the Jedi are making absolute statements all movie long (sith are evil, dark side bad, sidious is evil, etc). This line makes no sense in the movie whatsoever, but then again, it is Star Wars.

it seemed like Anakin`s turn didn't seem as "justified" as I thought it should seem.

:ditto:

Just got back from seeing it. One word, WOW!
Loved it. One part in the movie I thought was funny was when Anakin
had Count Dooku between light sabers and was debating whether or not to cut off his head and Palps yells at him to kill him and Dooku looks at his master with this odd look of surprise in his eyes and you can tell he's thinking, what the (expletive deleted).:lol:
All in all I thought it was a good movie. Very fast paced. Almost wished I could see it again. Ian McDermind is worthy of an oscar nomination for his role. At least now I understand how Palpatine become so deformed. Mace Windu beat him half to death with an ugly stick.:bigsmile:

Nathan;

You mean from the Novel? I want to pick that up. I made the mistake of reading The Phantom Mennace before seeing the movie and decided right then that I would never make that mistake again. The book was so much better.

After making those horrible episode I and II movies, why do you people still watch these movies??? I fell asleep during episode I in the theater...thought it was a fluke, went with some friends and fell asleep again! Episode II...I couldn't even finish it. What a script. I might see Revenge of the (poor word) S(m)ith...but it will be on video. It's cheaper. Heck, I'll probably rent it on a rent one get one free night so I don't feel guilty about the $2.50

Sorry guys. :D

Originally posted by houseparent
I just bought the novel this evening. I heard it is very much more detailed.

Adam,

Here's a dumb question: do they have novels of all the movies? Do they have anything that you are aware of for young readers? My boys love Star Wars, and it could make for good vacation fare.

Originally posted by Craig
After making those horrible episode I and II movies, why do you people still watch these movies??? I fell asleep during episode I in the theater...thought it was a fluke, went with some friends and fell asleep again! Episode II...I couldn't even finish it. What a script. I might see Revenge of the (poor word) S(m)ith...but it will be on video. It's cheaper. Heck, I'll probably rent it on a rent one get one free night so I don't feel guilty about the $2.50

Sorry guys. :D

I agree somewhat with you about episodes 1 and 2.However Episode 3 is a huuuuuge improvement.Some of the acting of course is still kind of flat.Most is very passable though.I thought the biggest improvement was for the guy who plays Anakin.Natalie Portman wasn`t as bad as I was expecting this time either.The guy who plays Palpitine is absolutely awesome in this.My favorite parts in the movie always involved him.I recommend seeing it my friend.

DO THEY!!!!!

You been to a bookstore!!!!

Blade

There are novels for every movie as well as Novels on the "extended Universe" that Lucas supports. There are also many books for kids, some of which I have read myself.

I thought Palps was kinda funny at times and kinda golimish :)

People were laughing at him when Yoda fell in the senate chamber and Palps was trying to climb up a senate pod while still cackling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back