opinions? Merck-all MMR vaccs will be made from aborted cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnie

Puritan Board Graduate
I am so unsure of the ethics here. I do believe in vaccinations for at least polio, measles, diptheria, and tetnaus. Maybe not rubella and maybe not even mumps, but measles can be serious.

Is it Ok to protect a child knowing that the vaccination that protects them came from aborted babies? Knowing that the market for aborted baby body parts is huge and they are often encouraged just for that evil greedy reason?

If you do not believe in vaccinations at all I ask you to please not get distracted here on that subject, I know many have strong opinions about that. I would like this thread to not get into if ethically OK vaccs are good or bad in the first place.

But if you do want to vaccinate your kids, can you do it with this MMR vaccination? The only one in the USA now....

Merck Stops Producing Vaccines Without Cells From Babies Killed in Abortions

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- A leading pro-life group that educates about the vaccines that are based on the cells from babies killed in abortions is worried about a new decision from the pharmaceutical giant Merck. The company has decided to stop producing some vaccines that are not made based on fetal cells from abortions.

Merck & Co. Inc has stopped the production and sale of its monovalent vaccines for measles, mumps and rubella.

Instead, the company will focus on combination vaccine, MMRII, which accounts for 98 percent of the company's sales of the vaccines targeting those diseases.

The monovalent vaccines account for only two percent of the total sales but they are important to the pro-life movement because they are produced based on animal cells and not from cells obtained from the bodies of babies killed in abortions.

"Merck's separate dose for rubella, Meruvax, uses aborted fetal cell lines and taints the entire MMR II vaccine," Debi Vinnedge of the pro-life group Children of God for Life tells LifeNews.com.

"The separate doses of Attenuvax (measles) and Mumpsvax (mumps) use chick embryo. Without these separate doses for measles and mumps, there will be no moral alternative for parents," Vinnedge says.

Merck spokeswoman Amy Rose said the decision to eliminate the monovalent vaccines was made for both financial and health reasons.

"The combination vaccine is what's recommended, and it's such a significant portion of the orders we see," she told AAFP. "It's in the best interest of public health to make more of that rather than dedicate manufacturing capacity to monovalents."

Rose said Merck has not decided if it will make the moral monovalent vaccines available for sale again in the future.

Vinnedge's group issued Merck a letter on Tuesday asking the company to reconsider its decision.

She says millions of pro-life Americans "are deeply concerned with the use of aborted fetal cell lines in the rubella portion of your MMR II and other vaccines, I am asking you to reconsider your position."

She also said parents have been willing to wait for the alternative vaccines to be produced and were willing to pay higher costs in order to give their children vaccines that are not abortion-based.

"Once again, many of these families are waiting for you to resume production and their children will be unprotected unless you provide the doses. They are already abstaining from rubella and some have even flown overseas to vaccinate their children. That is, in my view, a disgrace to American healthcare," she said.

Vinnedge says Merck's decision is far-reaching because Merck is the sole provider of these alternative vaccines.

ACTION: Contact Merck and express your desire for the company to reverse its decision and make the non-abortion vaccines available. Contact Richard Clark, CEO, Merck & Company, One Merck Drive P.O. Box 100, Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889-0100. Call 908-423-1000 or find more information at Merck - Contact us

-----Added 1/15/2009 at 10:49:04 EST-----

abortion industry contributes to vaccine manufacturing

Somebody sent me this link privately here. I think I am going to be sick. I had no idea so many vaccs are from abortions.

Hi Lynnie,

I think it's important that you know what a cell line is in this context. The cells that are being used are not taken directly from aborted babies. Tissue from the aborted baby was separated into individual cells many years ago and were allowed to divide. These cells were then allowed to further divide many times. So, the cells used to produce the vaccine are not directly from the aborted baby, but derived (many generations removed) from a specific tissue of the aborted baby.

It seems from your statement about the market for aborted baby parts that you might think that Merck is continually acquiring aborted baby parts to make this vaccine. From your statement, I can't tell if this is actually what you think, but I have run into others who do think that this is the case. I can assure that this is most definitely NOT what Merck is doing to produce this vaccine. Merck is using the one cell line from the baby that was aborted many years ago. New aborted baby parts are not needed for production of this vaccine - by using this vaccine, you will not be contributing to the use of any new aborted babies.

I'll be praying that God guides you to a decision that puts your conscience at ease.

Thank you, I did not know that. I thought they were using fresh tissue. It sounds in the article like it is ongoing.

Is this the same then for the polio, diptheria, etc made by the other companies? It all goes back to a line started decades ago?

I appreciate the imput.

I posed this very question to a beloved brother of mine in our church who is the head researcher at a genetic laboratory. Once the 89 syllable words he used were defined, he shared that fresh abortion tissue is rarely if ever used. indeed, stem cells for medical synthesis can even be drawn from adult tissues (I had no idea of that).

He expressed that although using fresh aborted tissues is theoretically possible for mass vaccine production, no apparatus presently exists to gather them in sufficient quantities to make their use economically viable.

This guy is the only Christian Scientist I trust.

Theognome

Thank you, I did not know that. I thought they were using fresh tissue. It sounds in the article like it is ongoing.

Is this the same then for the polio, diptheria, etc made by the other companies? It all goes back to a line started decades ago?

I appreciate the imput.

No vaccine production entails the continued use of new aborted fetal tissue. I'm almost certain that all of the human fetal cell lines used to produce vaccines originated from abortions in the 1960s and that there are regulations in place that prohibit the establishment of new cell lines from newly aborted babies to produce vaccines... but I'll have to find that info before I can say that for sure.

I agree that some of the pro-life articles regarding vaccines can be a little misleading.

Ethically, I would think that there is a precedent in Christianity for deriving benefit from someone having been put to death unjustly in the past, which does not necessarily imply approval of the practice of continuing to put people to death unjustly in order to derive continued benefit.

That link had some great info on it, thanks so much. Sorry for the dupe on my part...but I was quite concerned when I read about all this elsewhere. Maybe you can merge the two and have the comments here on that thread?

Odd, I can't access that page, PuritanCovenanter. It says I don't have sufficient permission?

Stem cells are the new Mark of the Beast. :think:

Without them, you won't be able to buy or sell... because you'll be in bed with a bad case of measles? Hmm. :)

I posed this very question to a beloved brother of mine in our church who is the head researcher at a genetic laboratory. Once the 89 syllable words he used were defined, he shared that fresh abortion tissue is rarely if ever used. indeed, stem cells for medical synthesis can even be drawn from adult tissues (I had no idea of that).

He expressed that although using fresh aborted tissues is theoretically possible for mass vaccine production, no apparatus presently exists to gather them in sufficient quantities to make their use economically viable.

Theognome

"Todd Pedlar storms into the room..."

Odd, I can't access that page, PuritanCovenanter. It says I don't have sufficient permission?

That page is in a Members Only forum. As I recall from when I joined recently and had a similar problem, you can't access the Members Only forums until you have 15 posts. Keep it up, you're almost there.

Stem cells are the new Mark of the Beast. :think:

Without them, you won't be able to buy or sell... because you'll be in bed with a bad case of measles? Hmm. :)

It is in a thread that is out of reach for you at this time. When you have posted enough on this board you will be permitted to advance into participating in some of the private forums.

This gives us a chance to see how you relate with the Puritanboard and how the Puritanboard relates to you. I am not sure how many posts are required before you are able to gain access but I think it is from around 25 to 50. I will ask someone.

Theognome

I tend to not trust anyone that is a Christian Scientist! :)

Christian Science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He is a Reformed Christian, member of our church and was recently reviewed for eldership. He is also a scientist. Thus he is a 'Christian Scientist'.

Theognome

I know, I said it in jest. I am aspiring to be a scientist myself - I've been trying to find websites/blogs for scientists who also happen to be Christians, and all searches come back with disciples of Mary Baker Eddy. It's quite frustrating.

Ahem,

Does this sound like an urban myth to anyone else?

The MMR could be withdrawn because it is ineffective. It does have a bad rep as not working as well as other options.

Plus how do they harvest the "tissue"? I have spent many hundreds of hours outside of abourtuaries in several states, I have participated in some comprehensive servalence of one clinic, and trust me nothing was going out of there that we did not know about.

Not to mention the package inserts in the MMR11 vac. that say "do not take if you are alergic to eggs". They are grown on eggs people.

:worms:

-----Added 1/16/2009 at 10:23:46 EST-----

Theognome

Should have read the thread first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back