Organized Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConfederateTheocrat

Puritan Board Freshman
It would be kinda cool if the site had structured debates with an official moderater and rules, but I realize unofficial debates take place all the time.

You can organize a formal debate on the Puritan Board rather easily. Just start a thread with some people you have in mind to debate either side and set up some groud rules to debate by. There are plenty of moderaters/admins to oversee it if it gets unruly. But I will stress this, it must be a debate that will edify us all, not just a topic for debate's sake. That will only puff up egos.

[Edited on 30-12-2004 by puritansailor]

It is very interesting to read a formal message board debate with one person representing each position and a set number of posts and rebuttals. They do this all the time on TheologyWeb. I certainly wouldn't want to participate, but it can be a good read for people who want a quick overview of something. I hope you start something, Mark.

Originally posted by Ex Nihilo
It is very interesting to read a formal message board debate with one person representing each position and a set number of posts and rebuttals. They do this all the time on TheologyWeb. I certainly wouldn't want to participate, but it can be a good read for people who want a quick overview of something. I hope you start something, Mark.

It most certainly is interesting. I am a member of TheologyWeb, and love to read their organized debates. That is what made me suggest it here. Since they are so organized and fun-to-read on TheologyWeb, I figured they would be 20 times more interesting here.

I would love to debate, but I prefer to read like you :book2:. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back