Orlando in June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan

Pastor
I am seriously considering attending the SBC Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL. I'd like to attend the Pastor's Conference as well. I need lodging from the evening of June 13 to the morning of June 16. If anyone can provide lodging I'd really appreciate the opportunity to stay with an PBer in Orlando. Hotels are filling up quickly and most don't have all the days available that I need. Besides, that ones that are left are a tad expensive.

Let me know here or by PM if you might have a bed and a shower. That would be truly great. I'd appreciate it.

Ivan, if you're driving or enting a car, there are reasonably priced rooms in Kissimme and Lake Buena Vista. Check off International Drive.

Orlando? This will be interesting. Will the SBC be subjected to ridicule for selecting that location, as was the PCA last year? Somehow I think not.

Ivan said:
No, he's visiting Bennie Hinn that week.

Isn't it always the case? Just when you need your friends.

Maybe that was Benny Hill.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Ivan, if you're driving or enting a car, there are reasonably priced rooms in Kissimme and Lake Buena Vista. Check off International Drive.

I'm looking at all the options. With a pay drop of $10,000 and buying a house, I need to cut corners.

Orlando? This will be interesting. Will the SBC be subjected to ridicule for selecting that location, as was the PCA last year? Somehow I think not.

I guess I am not in the know. What's the deal with Orlando?

I have heard SBC'ers I know mentioning the location as suspect.

Just like I heard some PCA'ers mentioning the location as suspect.

Hmmm...why? Disney? Never been, but I don't begrudge anyone who goes there. Expensive? I don't think it's much more than most. Location? For me that's a factor. The Annual Meeting has been in Louisville and Indianapolis lately. Good locations for me. I especially like Louisville. But the convention needs to move around the country. We've had it in Las Vegas (think it might be coming up, in fact). I think complaining about a particular city is silly. Actually, if I were to choose I'd pick New York or L.A. or other major cities where we might be able to have the opportunity to share the Gospel in an area that needs it most.

Orlando is far away for me...and thus adds to the expense.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I guess I am not in the know. What's the deal with Orlando?

In the past Disney was sponsoring gay family days (or something like that) and Southern Baptists at the Annual Meeting (at a different location) resolved to not go to Disney. That ban has been lifted, I think. I think that's probably what it's about, but I'm not sure. I've heard nothing negative about going this year.

We've had it in Las Vegas (think it might be coming up, in fact). I think complaining about a particular city is silly. Actually, if I were to choose I'd pick New York or L.A. or other major cities where we might be able to have the opportunity to share the Gospel in an area that needs it most.

Here is the list of the future locations:

2011 Phoenix, AZ
2012 New Orleans, LA
2013 Nashville, TN
2014 Baltimore, MD

We've had it in Las Vegas (think it might be coming up, in fact). I think complaining about a particular city is silly. Actually, if I were to choose I'd pick New York or L.A. or other major cities where we might be able to have the opportunity to share the Gospel in an area that needs it most.

Here is the list of the future locations:

2011 Phoenix, AZ
2012 New Orleans, LA
2013 Nashville, TN
2014 Baltimore, MD

New Orleans?!?! How horrible!! It's such a sinful city!! How could we?!

...give me a break! lol

Yeah, we were at Las Vegas in the recent past. Some complained about that. Whatever.

I've been to only four Annual Meetings (Kansas City, St. Louis, San Antonio, and Louisville). Not really my cup of tea. However, there are some interesting things taking place in the SBC. I may attend more.

...give me a break! lol

Yeah, we were at Las Vegas in the recent past. Some complained about that. Whatever.

I've been to only four Annual Meetings (Kansas City, St. Louis, San Antonio, and Louisville). Not really my cup of tea. However, there are some interesting things taking place in the SBC. I may attend more.

As long as they don't have it in mid-February you should be ok in New Orleans. Mid-Feb is Mardi Gras.

...give me a break! lol

As long as they don't have it in mid-February you should be ok in New Orleans. Mid-Feb is Mardi Gras.

The SBC Annual Meeting always takes place in June.

Benny Hinn used to pastor the Orlando Christian Center (now the Faith World Church), but alas has moved on to Texas and lives in California. Maybe Disney has something comparable for entertainment. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back