Owls and Hawks; Time Zones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Puritan Board Senior
Would it not be helpful to know when our brothers and sisters across the globe were likely to be online. I am thinking of a couple of clocks in the PB banner showing European time, USA (west) and USA (east).

It may be just my imagination but I imagine there are PB members who are more likely to see european posts and likewise USA east v's USA west.

From the USA perspective there must be members who are night owls! While those members think of themselves as day hawks :lol:

So some time zone clocks pretty please !

Don't forget Australia. Rev. Winzer time.

It's my recollection that we have posters in at least 2 Australian time zones. And don't forget Singapore and South Africa and India.

For Europe, which time zone would be used? And, of course, folks change to that unnatural construct of man, Daylight Savings Time, at different times in different parts of the world (or don't use it at all, unlike neighboring communities).

Finally, if the program tracked down what timezone a poster was actually in, it could cause difficulties for some folks.

Finally, if the program tracked down what timezone a poster was actually in, it could cause difficulties for some folks.

...and don't forget that some of travel to different times zones on occasion.

The PuritanBoard is not meant to be a substitute for the entire Internet. Those who have the surfing skills to navigate the board, have the skills to find the time in different regions (or other interesting information) from sites devoted to those different purposes.

The PuritanBoard is not meant to be a substitute for the entire Internet.

It's not?? ShaZam!
63skm1e.jpg

PuritanBoard time - the new Greenwich

Why not just show the time the board works to? I am currently logged on at 9am but his post will likely show 3am time stamp :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back