Paedo Baptism Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Roman

Puritan Board Freshman
Can someone explain the purpose of paedo baptism, the proof of paedo baptism, and the best arguments you have for paedo baptism?

I want to grow in a deeper outstanding of it, and why their is such a strong belief in it. I have a base understanding but It's like to know more. Please, share links or even just give me a paragraph or two to explain, I appreciate you brothers and also appreciate the sisters on the board

I think Dr. Clark does as good a job as anyone can, in a short space. Here are two recent posts of his:
A Really Short Case For Infant Baptism (117 words) | The Heidelblog
Seed, Seeds, And Infant Baptism | The Heidelblog

Realize that underlying the difference between the sides are fundamentally distinct ways of reading Scripture. The difference is hermeneutical. This explains why both sides often cannot comprehend why the other side cannot see what is "obvious." If you accept that there is a difference at a very deep level, it goes some ways to demystifying the conundrum. You can at least begin to sympathize with the other side's conclusion, granting his primary assumptions for the sake of comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back