paganism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Puritan Board Graduate
Where are some places we see paganism making a resurgence in America? The Da Vinci Code is one example. Dan Brown attacks Christianity and then tries to fil lthe void with a pagan idea of the "sacred feminine." The Disney movie Pocohantas strongly affirms paganism. Anyway, what are other places/ways paganism is coming back?

Originally posted by Scott
Ouiji Boards (sp?), Psychics, Palm-readers, Easter, Body modification, Witchcraft, Christmas, Astrology, etc.
You guys are incorrigible! :lol:

Syncretism was one of the major ways the Roman Empire was able to incorporate so many cultures and RELIGIONS, ensuring the Pax Romana, becoming the great -- but ultimately failed -- power it was, for so many years.

And marriage rings too, Paul. American puritans saw them as signs of Rome and its sacrament of marriage.

Let me get this right, I can drink and smoke heartily - but you guys will condemn me as a pagan if;

(1) I wear my wedding ring to dissuade any flirtation and in order to evidence that I am married to the women with whom I am toting around a child, and

(2) thank the Lord that he has given me another year of life!

Hmmm...that makes sense!

No, you haven't "got it right," I don't recall anyone in here saying they believed "birthdays" or "wedding rings" were sinful. People have before, yes, but I don't, so don't lump me into this category of "you guys." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back