Pagans and Cut Flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you said that you never knew of any pagans and thought that most Christians automatically do not associate the tree being used in this manner as a pagan practice. Let's see if you are right.

No, you said that you never knew of any pagans and thought that most Christians automatically do not associate the tree being used in this manner as a pagan practice. Let's see if you are right.

You insist on avoiding my questions. So what is the deciding factor to determining whether or not to decorate with God’s creation? Why can I place cut flowers in my house along with hung pictures, lighted candles, incense, etc. but not decorated greenery and trees?

Help me out here; you are on the defense when all I am doing is asking questions and search for answers.

You say wide acceptance to pagan meanings is not the deciding factor, so what is?

Are you creating a shrine or high place by placing all of those things together in an obvious religious manner and central focus upon. Is there an entire season and Holy Day associated with those objects?

Are you creating a shrine or high place by placing all of those things together in an obvious religious manner and central focus upon. Is there an entire season and Holy Day associated with those objects?

Are you talking about my flowers or my tree?

Building a shrine to anything is forbidden. You inserted “obvious religious manner” and “central focus”. So is wide acceptance or obviousness the deciding factor? Why flowers, pictures, candles, incense, and nick-nacks but no tree? All these items are used in various pagan ceremonies and have been centrally focused upon.

So far, 3 Pagans, 5 Christians, and 2 Neither...all voting that it's pagan. Interesting.

Tell me what is pagan? Is pulling flowers up out of the ground and placing them on display biblical? If it is not Christian, then it must be pagan, no? Are you trying to prove from your sample of ten that most people recognize that the Christmas tree is not found in the Holy Bible?

Again, I don't have a problem with a tree in the corner of a living room. I have a problem with decorating it in a pagan manner and using it in the same practice and manner as the pagans. That is what you are doing with a Christmass Tree.

Any more thoughts on this?

What makes a pagan practice sinful? Is it or is it not wide recognition by the general world? Why or why not?

I appreciate the insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back