Pancakes: Friends and Foes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AThornquist

Puritan Board Doctor
So today I had an insatiable desire to eat one of my favorite foods: pancakes. This time I avoided those nasty Nutrisystem pancakes and went with what I had on hand. I did a Bisquick mix that (according to the box) should make 14 pancakes. I added some brown sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice too. Oh yeah, and lots of blueberries. I just made 'em big though and the mix came out to 5 big pancakes. I'm just about done with the first three and hope to get through the other two in a little bit. They are SO GOOD. My diet is such that I can afford to splurge big time when I choose to but still I hate being a slave to pancakes. I HATE YOU, PANCAKES! (But I love you too! *smooch*)

Is this what real love feels like? (You know, that over-filled nauseous feeling?)

I used to think I knew what pancakes were. Then I found Dutch Mothers!
800px-Lynden_Dutch_Mothers.jpg

It definitely ruined me for regular pancakes. Their pannekoekens are worth the trip filling both your plate and your tummy with exceptional culinary delight. But don't worry, you probably wouldn't like them anyway. ;)

:drool: I should be traveling through Washington next summer so . . . thanks for the suggestion! I'm really quite excited now.

Really Andrew? Lynden is one of those little towns that great curb appeal. The shops all look like they're straight out of some Scandinavian village. And Dutch Mothers really is a favorite. We used to go there whenever we could for breakfast. There really is nothing like it that I've ever been to. And if you need to attend a good church in the Bellingham area, go to Silver Beach Community Church. The folks there are great. Don't tell them I sent you though; they'll chase you out. :)

Now, if you want steak, go to Black Forest. They have some of the best steaks I've ever eaten, second only to Monty's in Tempe, AZ.

Yeah really. We go just about every year except I couldn't make it this year because of work. Blah. However, with steak, church, and pannekoeken suggestions, I hope I can make it this next year! Normally we don't go quite so high north but we could make it a first. Did you live there for a time?

MMMMMmmmmmmm Dutch Baby Pancakes w/ strawberries.
[video=youtube;zyBaXYp5uTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyBaXYp5uTE[/video]

Dang it it is a work day at the church in 5 hours and I can't sleep

I did. My father-in-law lives there and I worked for him for a few years. They were major transitional years for me. We didn't find that church until about 8 months before we moved to CA so I could attend TMS. I sure wish we would have found them earlier. But we've maintained contact and have dear friends there.

And I thought this thread was about a type of holster :D

I might try the dutch baby tomorrow morning, if I get up in time -- we've shifted my son's birthday celebration to Sunday and this would make a great wake up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back