Pastor Salary (Baptist Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you point to anywhere in America where a church isn't within driving distance? The gospel has been preached here. Why are we spending so much to re-preach it when there are many parts of the world that haven't been reached?

Regarding your second question, as a capitalist, I believe the market will determine the value of an individual's financial worth, so in that sense being a pastor is a job worthy of full-time pay. As someone who wants to be financially responsible with the church's tithes though, can you tell me why one paid pastor is of more value to the congregation than four unpaid splitting the work?

... I'm not trying to debate or attack. I would like to hear why some people, especially those in full-time, paid ministry positions feel that it is justifiable, given the plethora of qualified Christian men, let alone seminary graduates.

Brother,

Why do you assume that someone is saved just because they show up on Sunday? Have you seen what's happening in our country? We need churches and evangelist now more then ever. If we are not careful, we may just wake up one day and find that Christianity has been outlawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back