Pastoral Theology and Expository Preaching Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
I'm going to be posting a number of short, concise, biblical pastoral theology videos as exhortations that I think are highlighted in most of the best pastoral theology books. They will run between 2 minutes and 4 minutes. They will cover a variety of topics.

The purpose is to encourage a biblical pastorate, that in turn encourages biblical preaching, than in turn may spark biblical revival through the pulpit.

I am surprised more people are not commenting. It is a much needed message.

Matthew, these are excellent--well made and edifying. I just emailed a link to the APM page to a church in search of a minister. These videos will be a great service to them. Thank you for blessing Christ's church in this way.

This great stuff Thanks a ton Dr Matt also you have a great voice that really helps in my case makes want to take notes so that's half the battle lol but really happy you made this series.

I have just linked in to your youtube channel that's awesome too.

Really enjoying these! It's wonderful to reflect on the gravity of the pastoral calling.

Thanks brother. I think the breadth of material that is out there in some biblically solid pastoral work is a great help to those in the ministry, and those seeking it. Creating "cliff notes" of them has been a pleasure and a good reminder for myself as well.

This great stuff Thanks a ton Dr Matt also you have a great voice that really helps in my case makes want to take notes so that's half the battle lol but really happy you made this series.

I have just linked in to your youtube channel that's awesome too.

I'm glad you like them and hope they continue to be a help! The YouTube channel reflects the same information on my Vimeo channel. Vimeo tends to have better quality if you want to look there instead of YouTube.

"It's a sin to bore people with the word of God." Right on, right on. These video's really bring the heat. I'm still reflecting on the scarcity of ministers video. But sadly, any time on the puritanboard entails me not being able to study for the 38 hours per day required from "the minister in his study" video.

"It's a sin to bore people with the word of God." Right on, right on. These video's really bring the heat. I'm still reflecting on the scarcity of ministers video. But sadly, any time on the puritanboard entails me not being able to study for the 38 hours per day required from "the minister in his study" video.

Glad you like the heat. There's more to come.

38 hours a day is a really long day.

But, it may be manageable as one thinks about the gravity of the pulpit and what is actually transpiring there. As I said in the other thread on how long it takes to create a sermon, if a minister has 2 sermons to prepare, and a lesson of some sort, outside of any other exhortations and such, seminary "said" for every 1 minute you preach, you study an hour. I find personally that an hour is bit excessive "for me". That is determined by a number of other factors for each individual minister (health, intellect, zeal, piety, etc.) I generally think that 30 minutes for every 1 minute is more in line for me with that needs to be accomplished. So a sermon takes me about 23-24 hours if I'm preaching a 45 minute sermon. Sometimes less depending upon the passage and what material is already ingrained in my head. That does not include the time I spend musing over it after I think its "finished."

Glad you like the heat. There's more to come.

38 hours a day is a really long day.

But, it may be manageable as one thinks about the gravity of the pulpit and what is actually transpiring there. As I said in the other thread on how long it takes to create a sermon, if a minister has 2 sermons to prepare, and a lesson of some sort, outside of any other exhortations and such, seminary "said" for every 1 minute you preach, you study an hour. I find personally that an hour is bit excessive "for me". That is determined by a number of other factors for each individual minister (health, intellect, zeal, piety, etc.) I generally think that 30 minutes for every 1 minute is more in line for me with that needs to be accomplished. So a sermon takes me about 23-24 hours if I'm preaching a 45 minute sermon. Sometimes less depending upon the passage and what material is already ingrained in my head. That does not include the time I spend musing over it after I think its "finished."

That really cuts into the time I have to lead various "movements"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back