Paul Joseph Watson on America's suicide epidemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
Paul Joseph Watson has a very sober discussion relating to the increase of suicide rates in the United States, which also contains some pointed critiques of libertine conservatives for contributing to the problem. We have a similar problem in Northern Ireland. Although I do not know the exact figures, I heard recently that in one weekend in Belfast something like fourteen people took their own lives.

Paul Joseph Watson has a very sober discussion relating to the increase of suicide rates in the United States, which also contains some pointed critiques of libertine conservatives for contributing to the problem. We have a similar problem in Northern Ireland. Although I do not know the exact figures, I heard recently that in one weekend in Belfast something like fourteen people took their own lives.
What’s a “libertine conservative”?

What’s a “libertine conservative”?

Without drifting too far into politics, I dare say most modern political conservatives are quite comfortable with unmarried cohabitation, and more and more are forcibly tolerant of homosexual relationships.

Those are just two fairly obvious observations from a flyover country observer looking at national "conservative" movers and shakers.

Oh. Well I haven’t considered most conservatives conservative in a long time. Believing what liberals believed 30 years ago is what passes for arch-conservatism now.

Oh. Well I haven’t considered most conservatives conservative in a long time. Believing what liberals believed 30 years ago is what passes for arch-conservatism now.

That is true for what I call "reactionary conservatives." If your identity is grounded on simply opposing the other side, natural erosion will bring you closer to what you oppose.

That pattern repeats in all sorts of places. For example, trying to eradicate sin in one's life solely by fighting it ends up in compromise, simply because one can't fight every sin all the time. At some point there is capitulation and then acceptance of a new norm.

Standing on first principles is the only real way to conserve anything. But that doesn't sell very well because the verb there is "stand"--(not charge, not lead, not invent, not rally, etc. --Ephesians 6:14).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back