Paul Settle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Puritanboard Commissioner
Paul Settle, THE founding father of the PCA, has gone home to be with the Lord.

Obit here: http://byfaithonline.com/pca-founder-Paul-settle-has-died/

Thank you for sharing the news. I associate his name with the PCA's affinity for giving solid instruction to children in the church.

I had the great privilege of getting to know Paul Settle a bit as we both served on the GCP Board. He was truly one of the most remarkable servants of God I've been blessed to know. A prince among men, in every sense of the Word: he had the rare combination of real orthodoxy, unimpeachable integrity, humble godliness, astounding pastorality, true bonhomie, and infectious good humor. Maybe the most perfectly balanced man I've ever known.

A life worth remembering and celebrating. He would want all glory to go to the Triune God. He pointed to Christ consistently.

Peace,
Alan

I was talking to my wife about Paul Settle yesterday regarding his death; she used to teach at Colleyville Covenant Christian Academy a long time ago and had met him and/or encountered him in various events. She mentioned reading the comments in the ByFaith obituary to be somewhat surreal as she recognized many names writing the comments there from the time she was at PCPC and other places. I will likely hear many more stories as I speak with other people about it.

Thanks for the news, our family appreciates knowing about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back