Not open for further replies.

reformedman

Puritan Board Freshman
What do you think?
Criteria:
Preacher/Teacher Elder
From 1950 - today
Reformed
Effected the world or left something important for us.
Please write a little something indicating why for each.

In no particular order. Not necessarily the best preachers or ones I recommend, but in terms of influence. All of these have been influential beyond their own denominational spheres.

John MacArthur
- solid, expositional preaching that has been influential in both reformed and dispensationalist circles, Calvinist or otherwise

John Piper
- introduced the Doctrines of a Grace to a wider audience and made the phrase "Christian Hedonism" common-place

James Montgomery Boice
- Exceptional expositional preacher. It's rare to find a preacher without his set of commentaries on Romans.

D. James Kennedy
- Continues to impact Christians in the United States to "Reclaim America for Christ"

Mark Driscoll
- Very influential among the conservative and reformed in emerging churches

Tim Keller
- One of the few reformed preachers who has been extremely effective in reaching out to the culture. Became more famous post-9/11, and also influential in emergent circles.

In no particular order. Not necessarily the best preachers or ones I recommend, but in terms of influence. All of these have been influential beyond their own denominational spheres.

John MacArthur
- solid, expositional preaching that has been influential in both reformed and dispensationalist circles, Calvinist or otherwise

John Piper
- introduced the Doctrines of a Grace to a wider audience and made the phrase "Christian Hedonism" common-place

James Montgomery Boice
- Exceptional expositional preacher. It's rare to find a preacher without his set of commentaries on Romans.

D. James Kennedy
- Continues to impact Christians in the United States to "Reclaim America for Christ"

Mark Driscoll
- Very influential among the conservative and reformed in emerging churches

Tim Keller
- One of the few reformed preachers who has been extremely effective in reaching out to the culture. Became more famous post-9/11, and also influential in emergent circles.

Regarding Boice, I hope it's also rare to find a preacher without his 3 volumes on the Psalms, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back