PC Based Piano Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsreed

Puritan Board Freshman
Folks: I need some advice and I’m not sure who to talk with. I thought I might ask y’all if you could recommend anyone. Here is the need:

One of my daughters is developing quite well in terms of piano playing (she is also working on violin, but piano is her key instrument). She is at the point where she isbeginning some compositions.

I know I’m prejudiced as dad, but I am willing to put some money toward my prejudice. I need to find some equipment for her, something from which she can both transcribe into a pc (we have the right software) and then actually put together a reasonable recording of a piece.

Know anyone who can advise a poor pastor how to do this well on the cheap?

Thanks!

Look for a MIDI keyboard if you want to input notes from a keyboard to a computer. A number of years ago I purchased a Casio five octave MIDI keyboard (full size keys) with velocity (allows for changing dynamics based upon how hard you hit the keys) for around $40. They often have such things at the big box stores like Walmart or Costco. Otherwise, check Amazon.

I've used Noteworthy for more than 15 years as a composition editor. I still use an older version and I've been able to produce all sorts of music, ranging from piano solo, organ, choral, up to orchestral.

The current version is around $49.

Once you have a MIDI composition, you can play it back in virtually any computer.

Of course, you can record audio direct to computer using Audacity, which is free.

I have a Yamaha keyboard (5-octave) with midi interface which I will be happy to sell you. I already have a piano and a full 88-key digital piano and really don't need the keyboard. If you're interested PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back