PCA BCO marks of church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preach

Puritan Board Sophomore
Does anyone know what the PCA'S BCO lists as how one should identify a true church of Jesus Christ? I don't think they list them as marks though.
"In Christ",
Bobby

Scott,
I was curious why you hold to the three marks that have been mentioned. I know people cut the cake differently. I am attempting to understand the WCF, and or the PCA's BCO regarding this. In other words, on what basis do you choose those particular three? Do you, for example subsume worship under one of the the three, or is one or all of the three marks subsumed under worship?

I ask because it seems like the three are just assumed by a lot of people, and since I was recently licensed in the PCA and am preparing for ordination (and bringing my independent church into PCA) I'd like to know if there is a standard position regarding how many marks and what they are. Thanks brother.
"In Christ",
Bobby

Bobby,

The Refomration classified the three marks. The only deviany from those "three marks" is Calvin, who included church discipline under church government. However, for a good overview, I would read his "The Necessity of Reforming the Church."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back