PCA Monthly Umpired Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

sastark

Puritan Board Graduate
[b:a09322db0d][i:a09322db0d]DISCLAIMER:[/i:a09322db0d][/b:a09322db0d]
I do not intend to start another "Passion" thread, and I hope this does not turn into one. I honestly want to discuss the PCA, [b:a09322db0d]not[/b:a09322db0d] "The Passion".

[b:a09322db0d]end disclaimer[/b:a09322db0d]

What in the world is going on with the PCA? Has anyone else read through this month's umpired debate? (see it here: http://www2.pcanews.com/editorial_opinion/monthly_umpired_debate/monthly_umpired_debate.html)

Are the people supporting seeing "The Passion" actually elders in the PCA? I could understand if they were just members of PCA churches who need to be educated about the Westminster Standards, but if these men are officers of the church.... wow.

Fred, maybe you will be able to tell us: Can just anyone post on the monthly debate? Is this really a snapshot of the PCA? Did I blink and miss when these liberal idolaters took over, or has it always been this way?

I'm really in shock right now at some of the things I have read. I would expect it from wishy-washy neo-evan-jelly-fish, but not from a "Reformed" denomination.

Wow. I'm in shock.

Seth,

It appears that anyone can post their comments in the Debate Forum. And unless the person identifies themselves as an officer of the Church, I would not assume that all are. Also you need to remember that an officer can declare an exception to the Standards and if it is accepted by the Session or Presbytery they can be ordained or remain an officer in the PCA.

[quote:b4fc37a87d][i:b4fc37a87d]Originally posted by wsw201[/i:b4fc37a87d]
Seth,

It appears that anyone can post their comments in the Debate Forum. And unless the person identifies themselves as an officer of the Church, I would not assume that all are. Also you need to remember that an officer can declare an exception to the Standards and if it is accepted by the Session or Presbytery they can be ordained or remain an officer in the PCA. [/quote:b4fc37a87d]

:ditto:

Remember that the PCA basically did away with adherence to the Confession by the good faith amendment.

I found that "Who's being the Idolator" post to be especially shocking. I'm amazed at the open display of disregard for one's own statement of faith!

[quote:df15f8bcd7]
Remember that the PCA basically did away with adherence to the Confession by the good faith amendment.
[/quote:df15f8bcd7]

That was only for TE's. RE's and Deacons are under the jurisdiction of the Session and our Session does not hold to the "good faith" subscription position :flaming: but the FULL/STRICT subscriptionist position :gw:

[quote:883f28f679][i:883f28f679]Originally posted by wsw201[/i:883f28f679]
[quote:883f28f679]
[/quote:883f28f679]

That was only for TE's. RE's and Deacons are under the jurisdiction of the Session and our Session does not hold to the "good faith" subscription position :flaming: but the FULL/STRICT subscriptionist position :gw: [/quote:883f28f679]

But Wayne, my friend, you do know that any appeal re: subscription would go the Presbytery and then GA, don't you? Do you really want to venture a guess as to how that would turn out?

How many REs do you know that subscribe fully to the Confession? Or rather, how many are anti-2nd commandment, anti-4th commandment, non-cessationists, etc etc.

It is a sad state of affairs all around

[quote:6fc9706ccf]
But Wayne, my friend, you do know that any appeal re: subscription would go the Presbytery and then GA, don't you? Do you really want to venture a guess as to how that would turn out?

[/quote:6fc9706ccf]

Good point, but then again how many RE's and Deacons know enough about the BCO to go forward with an appeal?

Besides, if the appeal is based on the new TE subscription, that one is so loose and open to interpretation that you can fit almost anything you want in it including the full subscription position. Plus we are in the North Texas Presbytery, and I doubt seriously they would get involved. The NTP is quite a diverse bunch, from Mark Horne to Skip Ryan.

[quote:6fc9706ccf]
How many REs do you know that subscribe fully to the Confession? Or rather, how many are anti-2nd commandment, anti-4th commandment, non-cessationists, etc etc.
[/quote:6fc9706ccf]

Well I know three at a PCA church in Colleyville and one who is trading in his "R" for a "T" in Mississippi :broccoli:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back