Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
PCAF Establishes the Covenant Fund
Facilitating Generosity to Advance God's Kingdom
GIVE TO THE COVENANT FUND

https://pcafoundation.com/covenantfund/?mc_cid=6ee93b43c4&mc_eid=1bdd75f08a

At the request of Covenant Presbyterian Church in Nashville, the PCA Foundation has established The Covenant Fund. All donations to The Covenant Fund will be granted in collaboration with the leadership of Covenant Presbyterian Church to assist with the immediate and ongoing relief and restoration of people and property impacted by the recent shooting at the Covenant School on the church campus.

On March 27, 2023, a mass shooting occurred at the Covenant School on the campus of Covenant Presbyterian Church in Nashville, Tennessee, claiming the lives of three students and three staff members. This fund is established with the sole purpose of providing funds to assist with the emotional, material, and financial needs created by this tragic incident.

The PCA Foundation is the foundation of the Presbyterian Church in America, of which Covenant Presbyterian Church is a member congregation. Patrick Curles, executive pastor of Covenant Presbyterian Church, serves on the board of directors for the PCA Foundation. Any member of the public may donate to this charitable purpose fund and receive a receipt for the donation, which is tax-deductible as permitted by law. Anyone who would like to contribute appreciated securities, land, real estate, or interests in closely-held businesses should contact the Foundation at [email protected].

Beyond your gifts, we encourage your ongoing prayers for the comfort of those who mourn, the healing of those traumatized, and for the glory of our Good Shepherd to be made manifest even in death’s dark valley.

the immediate and ongoing relief and restoration of people and property
I can understand the immediate and long term needs for counseling and other human needs, but I wonder where they are going with the property side of the equation.

I can understand the immediate and long term needs for counseling and other human needs, but I wonder where they are going with the property side of the equation.
I believe the school was linked to the church. Would have been damage.

I could see making cosmetic changes to lessen the association, but we wouldn't think of one place on earth as more evil than another.

You all have identified the thought processes behind my question. Are they talking tens of thousands for cosmetic work, a few million for significant renovation, or tens of millions for a Sandy Hook style demolition.

I'd probably look at doing what we did a few years ago for other reasons - convert adult space to children's and children's space to offices. And in the interim renting space elsewhere to finish out the school year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back