Personal Sanctification resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen L Smith

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a couple of resources that may be of spiritual encouragement:

1. Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian life by Don Whitney has just had a significant revision. This book has been a real blessing for Christians for over 2 decades and the revision makes the book even better! For more details plus more information on spiritual disciplines, see Center for Biblical Spirituality

2. Tim Challies is running a study group on John Owen’s classic Overcoming Sin and Temptation, a book that has been precious to generations of Christians as they have battled sin and pursued holiness. This book is actually a 3 in 1 book - Owen's 3 classic works on sin and temptation in one book. I highly recommend this study group Reading Classics Together | Challies Dot Com

Stephen, thanks for posting this info! Dr. Whitney's book was my first real interaction with Puritan writers and I found it very helpful, on the whole. And I'd decided to begin re-reading Owen's trilogy on indwelling sin just this morning, so your link to the reading group is timely and providential.

Grace to you.

Stephen, thanks for posting this info! Dr. Whitney's book was my first real interaction with Puritan writers and I found it very helpful, on the whole. And I'd decided to begin re-reading Owen's trilogy on indwelling sin just this morning, so your link to the reading group is timely and providential.
My pleasure Regan. I have really come to appreciate Whitney's material myself. He is one of the best writers on Biblical/Puritan Spirituality and I especially appreciate his materian on meditation as there is not much discussion on this today. The new edition actually significantly expands the teaching on meditation.

And of course Owens wonderful work needs no introduction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back