Peter Du Moulin: A prayer for victory over the power of sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
... MY Saviour Jesus, who hast loved me and washed me from my sins in thy blood, and hast presented me arrayed and decked with thy precious merit unto God thy Father: the more thy grace is admirable towards me, the more am I ashamed and grieved, that any thing displeasing unto thee should remain yet within me. The remembrance of my sins past is displeasing unto me, and much more the sense of the present. I have a deep sorrow that I have offended thee, but more that I offend thee still. O when shall the full deliverance come when all the bonds of sin shall be cut off, when there will be no more cloud between heaven and me that stop the passage of prayer, and no more weight that keep the spirit from rising to thee?

O Lord Jesu who hast plucked me out of the jaws of Hell by thy victory over death, be pleased to complete thy conquest in my soul. For I shall not account my self fully redeemed till I be rescued from the power of sin; and that is the principal end of thy coming, that is the principal effect of thine obedience. I learn of thine Angel fore-runner and foreteller of thy birth, that thou bearest the name of Jesus, because thou savest thy people from their sins. Mat. 1.21. There is with thee plenteous redemption, and thou shalt redeem Israel from all his iniquities. Psal. 130.7. Lord it is that plenteous redemption that my soul longeth for; I cannot be contented with less, then to be redeemed from all mine iniquities. I cannot conceive neither Salvation nor liberty without it. ...

For more, see Peter Du Moulin: A prayer for victory over the power of sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back