Peter Du Moulin: A prayer of thanksgiving after communion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
Thanksgiving after the holy Communion.

MY God, most gracious Father, who hast this day given me the pledges of my salvation & the earnest of eternal life; My God, who hast fed me with the body and blood of thy son, and hast quickened me with the merit of his obedience applied to my heart through faith; I am full with thy bounty: My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth praiseth thee with joyful lips. My soul hath been thirsty after thee as a thirsty land, and thou hast made it a watered garden. Psal. 63.5. Psal. 143 6. Isa. 58.11. I have presented unto thee my bruised heart, and thou hast made it whole with thy sweetest comforts. I came unto thee poor and hungry after thy grace, and I return rich and full with the bread descended from heaven.

O the treasures of thy mercy which passeth all understanding! Thou hast given me thy Son. Thou hast given me thine own self. The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance, and of my cup, thou maintainest my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places, yea, I have a goodly heritage. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth, My, flesh also shall rest in hope. Psal. 16.5. ...

For more, see Peter Du Moulin: A prayer of thanksgiving after communion.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has not allowed me to add the link to the above post: https://reformedcovenanter.wordpres...lin-a-prayer-of-thanksgiving-after-communion/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back