Pigs and their food quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPT

Puritan Board Freshman
Hey guys

I am in serious need of help finding this quote. This may not be the right forum to ask for help finding the quote, but I didn't see a better suited forum.

Anyway, there's this quote I heard from an old friend of mine. I believe it was originally from Spurgeon or someone from those days. I've spent hours in the past trying to find this, and I can't ask the person who originally told it to me. And recently another friend came to me and asked me if I knew where that quote was from so it remotivated me to try to find it!

It's a quote where there is this room. On one side there is the finest foods money could buy and on the other side of the room is the dirtiest yuckiest junk that probably came from the sewers. And then someone puts a few pigs in this room and they immediately go to the dirty food and start chowing down and they absolutely love it. They roll around in it, eat it, and the works. Then that person takes one of the pigs out and removes his heart of stone and puts in a heart of flesh and puts the pig back in the room. The pig starts off great, he goes over to the finest foods and eats from that. Then he looks over and sees his old buddies having a great time with the junk food and he remembers how much fun he had with them and starts to head over there. As soon as he starts eating he realizes that it's not so great and goes back to the fine food.

Anyway, I am sure I didn't get all the details correct or I might be missing some things. My friend thinks it might be Spurgeon, but we can't remember for sure. Does anyone know where this came from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back