Pipa on Galatians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notthemama1984

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Have you read Pipa's Galatians: God's Proclamation of Liberty?

What are your thoughts?

The description is a bit vague on RHB's website. Is this a commentary, an overview, a collection of sermons, something else?

Thanks in advance

I suspect they are more than sermons, but I'm hesitant to go out no that limb, since I don't have the book.

Dr.Pipa started preaching through Galatians over a decade ago for chapels at GPTS, when I was there. Probably wasn't his first time preaching through the letter, either. He finished that series probably before I was done seminary, if not very soon after I graduated. He told us then, that he was preparing for a commentary on Galatians. So, my guess is that he wanted it to be more than edited sermons, since its been unaccountably long since then, and he could have gotten mere sermon material together long ago.

But, I don't know for sure. It might have simply been that the publisher waited until there was a "break" in Galatians commentaries coming out, so to reduce "immediate competition," or maximize the book's sales presence.

The series is called "Focus on the Bible." The original post mentioned RHB, which I mistook for the "new" publisher, which error led me to edit my post. By the time I figured out that Mentor was still the publisher (not RHB; a bit of a bewildering confusion of names--Mentor/CFP/Fearn, and maybe RHB even has a hand in the publishing for US market, idk), BwP had already put up a purchase link to the book. I unedited my edit.

Here's what the publisher says about the series:
Focus on the Bible
These commentaries are popular level commentaries especially useful for pastors and small group leaders. They are useful for personal devotions and spiritual growth. Many of the authors of the commentaries are leading expositors of God’s Word on their speciality subjects. The series holds to the inerrancy of scripture and the uniqueness of Christ in salvation.
CFP | Welcome to Christian Focus Publications | Books with the Real Message
Can't find a review on the series anywhere online, or a review of Pipa-Galatians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back