Pipes and Pipe Tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

eqdj

Puritan Board Freshman
I recently noticed a pic of a forum member with a pipe. I recently took up the pipe (Dec 2012) and was wondering:
  1. Favourite pipes
  2. Favourite tobaccos
  3. Favourite online shop for both

Before I joined the Marine Corps I smoked unfiltered Lucky Strikes. After joining the Corps I quit cigarettes but later started smoking Punch cigars. I could never finish a cigar so I picked up pipe smoking Now I can fill the bowl with as little or as much tobacco as I want.

I currently have two Vauen Nobile's. They're filter pipes. I've had an Erik Nording Freehand Churchwarden which I loved but I really want a filter pipe. So far I haven't been able to find a Freehand Churchwarden with Filter.

I only smoke tinned English Blends and so far nothing matches Presbyterian Mixture

I usually order tobacco from SmokingPipes.com and have ordered pipes from Milantobacco.com and tobaccopipes.com

Thanks!

I also order tobacco from Smoking Pipes in SC. Mostly GL Pease Robusto or Blackpoint. Also Gawith & Hogarth Rum Flake. Been smoking pipes for 30 years and have a gang of them that I've accumulated over the years. Favorites are probably old Comoys.

I also order tobacco from Smoking Pipes in SC. Mostly GL Pease Robusto or Blackpoint. Also Gawith & Hogarth Rum Flake.

Robusto has cigar leaf/flavour, correct? I ordered Robert Lewis 123 Mixture and James Fox Bankers for that purpose. I also have Gawith & Hogarth's Balkan Mixture.

I also order tobacco from Smoking Pipes in SC. Mostly GL Pease Robusto or Blackpoint. Also Gawith & Hogarth Rum Flake.

Robusto has cigar leaf/flavour, correct? I ordered Robert Lewis 123 Mixture and James Fox Bankers for that purpose. I also have Gawith & Hogarth's Balkan Mixture.

Indeed it does. I used to smoke an occasional cigar back in the '70s and '80s, when quality cigars were affordable. I enjoy the cigar leaf added in the Robusto. Greg Pease is a gifted tobacco blender.

Peterson Keninary Pipe is my best smoker
my favorite pipe is a 60.00 dollar pipe my wonderful Fiancee' gave me on Christmas 2012.
I'm an English guy and enjoy Philosophers blend from the Tinder Box; Presbyterian Mixture I enjoy as well.

For Aromatics; since my wonderful lady enjoys the smell of cherry I just get Cherry blend. I enjoy the New Minster Cherry which can be purchased at cup of joes.

It is hard to get GL Pease in anything but tins. I think they once offered it in a resealable pouch--not sure if they still do.

:offtopic: I'm curious. As a former cigarette smoker who has tried cigars and pipes, I wonder how do you fight the urge to inhale, or do you?

Thanks!

:offtopic: I'm curious. As a former cigarette smoker who has tried cigars and pipes, I wonder how do you fight the urge to inhale, or do you?

Thanks!

I smoked, and inhaled Camels without filters from the age of 14 until I was 52. The pipe tobacco I began to smoke at the time I quit the cigs, 12 years ago, is so strong that I couldn't inhale if I wanted to. Fortunately, I didn't and don't want to.

Most of my pipes are Peterson, and they are great.
I have a Brebbia that is very good, as well as a Larsen, which I thoroughly enjoy. I try different tobaccos from time to time but my favorite is Spanish Galeon which I buy locally from Just for Him. You can get it from justforhim.com. I have been going there since my Seminary days. I was surprised to see the number of Baptist Preachers who would frequent this local shop with the hope of non recognition. Presbyterians don't have to worry about this.

I haven't had a bowl in a long time and don't know if I will again but I like Muskoka Mixture and aros such as 7 Seas by Mac Baren...with sherry or brandy.

Thanks!

I smoked, and inhaled Camels without filters from the age of 14 until I was 52. The pipe tobacco I began to smoke at the time I quit the cigs, 12 years ago, is so strong that I couldn't inhale if I wanted to. Fortunately, I didn't and don't want to.

Thanks for your comment. Although I think I would like to give the pipe another try, I think I'm more afraid that it will draw me back to cigarettes. My past experiences with both pipe and cigar were to substitute for the cigarettes, when I was trying to quit. The plan never really worked as I continued to inhale and eventually went back.

Thanks!

Thanks for your comment. Although I think I would like to give the pipe another try, I think I'm more afraid that it will draw me back to cigarettes. My past experiences with both pipe and cigar were to substitute for the cigarettes, when I was trying to quit. The plan never really worked as I continued to inhale and eventually went back.
I really enjoy my pipes but would love to give up tobacco completely. Maybe if I was a Presbyterian I wouldn't feel that way ...... but I'm a Baptist so ...... :rolleyes:

I like my Danish pipes. Stanwell makes an excellent pipe.

Tobaccos:
Peterson's Perfect Plug (the three p's)
Sam Gawaith Black XX

I like many types of pipes, partial to bent Dublin's

Strong English blends, my current favorite is Black Frigate by Cornell and Diehl

SmokingPipes.com is my online store.

I have a couple of Meers that I really like. I have not had many briar pipes. I smoke a couple of blends that I pick up locally. I have never purchased much on line, I tend to try and support the local brick/mortar cigar/pipe shop.

I have a Dr. Plumb that I bought secondhand from an outdoor antique market in England. I smoke whatever the tobbacconist recommends from his private stock.

However, I may switch to Presbyterian mixture purely because of the name :D

I like my Danish pipes. Stanwell makes an excellent pipe.

I would like a Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen pipe, but they've been pulled from Milantobacco.com haven't been able to find them anywhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back