Pizza!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan777

Puritan Board Sophomore
A fathead pizza topped with anchovies with a glass of Cabernet. My reward for mowing the lawn in 90 degree weather.

Mozzarella stuffed meatballs in low carb marinara sauce and possibly a dram of scotch tonight.

Yes, I’m on keto as well.
Spirits have 0 carbs as you know. Unfortunately wine has a few so it’s rare when I allow myself a glass. Do you make the meatballs yourself?

Spirits have 0 carbs as you know. Unfortunately wine has a few so it’s rare when I allow myself a glass. Do you make the meatballs yourself?
Yes, season the beef with rub and then make the balls with a piece of mozzarella inside. Sear the outside and then finish it off on the Traeger.

You can top it off with a Keto desert.

Plain pig skins dust with cinnamon and artificial sweetener.... then bathe them in melted butter and place in the oven for 20. Don’t be afraid to top them with heavy whip cream (spray can) to lighten the mood:cheers:
Ohhh, that does sound good. My wife and I generally have some no sugar jello with whip cream later in the evening to ease the sweet tooth.

You can top it off with a Keto desert.

Plain pig skins dust with cinnamon and artificial sweetener.... then bathe them in melted butter and place in the oven for 20. Don’t be afraid to top them with heavy whip cream (spray can) to lighten the mood:cheers:
I do eat a lot of 90% dark chocolate. It does the trick.

I made beef stroganoff tonight - probably around half an hour from starting to slice the beef to setting it on the table.

No, that would be a wee dram.
Technically a dram is 1/8 oz. Generally a serving of whisky in a pub is 1.5 oz. But in Scotland "dram" has become a generic term for a drink of whisky. You wouldn't talk about a dram of brandy, or some other spirit. A "wee dram" is not necessarily a smaller serving; it is an affectionate term for the beverage. So you might invite a friend over for a wee dram, which doesn't mean you intend to be stingy in your pouring.

Technically a dram is 1/8 oz. Generally a serving of whisky in a pub is 1.5 oz. But in Scotland "dram" has become a generic term for a drink of whisky. You wouldn't talk about a dram of brandy, or some other spirit. A "wee dram" is not necessarily a smaller serving; it is an affectionate term for the beverage. So you might invite a friend over for a wee dram, which doesn't mean you intend to be stingy in your pouring.
We use dram to measure gun powder in these parts! :hunter:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back