Please Delete My Account and ALL of My Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fromRome

I don't remember when I signed up to this website. To the best of my recollection I have never posted anything on here or replied to anything. I don't remember the last time I visited this site. I read in another post that you don't delete accounts because (supposedly) it effects all of the threads one has posted in. That is not an issue here. I know many websites refuse to delete accounts because they dishonestly want their numbers to appear bigger than they actually are - kind of like the churches that report 100,000 decisions for Christ in a year when they have a membership of 334. Misleading, deceptive, not in the Spirit of the Kingdom of Light.

With that said, I don't use this site, don't really remember why or when I signed up. I was just notified that one of my passwords was breached. I didn't recognize the password so I did a search and it turns out it was the password I used when I signed up for this site. Thankfully, this is the only site I've ever used that password on. The notification listed 5 websites that have breached or compromised this password.

I tried to delete what information I could myself, but every time I hit save I get that "Oops" message and have to try and figure out which field I need to change. I don't have time to mess with it. I am requesting that you simply delete my account. It won't affect ANY threads.

In Christ

Me

brendanchatt

Puritan Board Freshman
Is "from Rome" saying that the PB was hacked?
Doesn't seem like it. I think he's just saying the site wants to inflate it numbers by making it hard to delete accounts and their interactions, whereas you really can't just delete comments in a thread because then the thread might not make sense.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
There has been no breach of PB; if there had Rich's sensors would have given alarm. The user was concerned because he got a notice from I assume a monitoring product that told him a password he uses on four sites was possibly breached. He got frustrated with our system as to how to edit and decided to post a public appeal instead of using the messaging system or contact form to contact the admins privately. So we are doing this publicly. Let's all move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.