Podcast Interview w/ Pascal Denault on Baptist Covenant Theology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! That's a great read. Jason is yours an Independent Reformed Baptist Congregation or are you guys associated with ARBCA?

For some reason I'm not really feeling this book. I wish I could get more into the details of some of the issues that I have with it. I really feel like ever since this book came out Reformed Baptist are supposed to adopt the view of our "Paticular Baptist Forfathers" overnight. I think Chapter 1 in Greg Nichols book is alittle more consistant with Scripture. So far that's my two cents.

Pastor Denault's book scores by broadening the dialog on Baptist Covenant Theology.

I have enjoyed Nichols' book but haven't yet read Denault's work. I wouldn't argue with winning a copy to read, though! :)

Unrelated: I'm glad to see another Boyce fan here on the PB (Post Tenebras Lux)!

Okay, back to discussing Baptist covenant theology...

I look forward to giving it a listen. My book arrived last week (along with Waldron's A Man As Priest In His Home). It is third "in line" to be read.

As an aside, Jason, I have really been edified by your site. Keep up the good work!

My book arrived today along with "From Paedobaptism to Credobaptism" by Crampton.

Great! That's a great read. Jason is yours an Independent Reformed Baptist Congregation or are you guys associated with ARBCA?

Not yet :) I and my pastor are currently teaching through the 1689 at our church and we hope to adopt it when we are done... after that we are planning on joining ARBCA

For some reason I'm not really feeling this book. I wish I could get more into the details of some of the issues that I have with it. I really feel like ever since this book came out Reformed Baptist are supposed to adopt the view of our "Paticular Baptist Forfathers" overnight. I think Chapter 1 in Greg Nichols book is alittle more consistant with Scripture. So far that's my two cents.

:ditto:
It's taking me a while to get through the book because I'm making notes on every page :book2:

His book was more meant to show the 17th century particular baptist view,... as for a positive treatment of it, I know that Jeff Johnson is planning on putting out a book on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back