Popular Culture from Christian Worldview: Book Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey

Puritan Board Junior
Any book recommendations on engaging/interacting with/thinking about/working in popular culture from a Christian perspective? It can be general, but I'm hoping it would touch on the issues of popular literature, like comics, short stories, magazine articles, etc. :scratch:

This one looks good -- I already know I like Ken Myers -- but I'm not sure it's going to interact with literature:
Amazon.com: All God's Children and Blue Suede Shoes: Christians and Popular Culture (Turning Point Christian Worldview) (Turning Point Christian Worldview) (Turning Point Christian Worldview): Kenneth A. Myers,Marvin Olasky: Books

Do you know of any others? Your suggestions are much appreciated.

I have read that one ... I liked it ... It was a while ago ... My memory is not with me at the moment ... but I remember I liked it ... lol

Okay, I read part of the first chapter of Ken Myers' book on Amazon. The thesis seems similar to Neil Postman's Amusing Ourselves to Death, the idea that the content/message is modified by the medium. But I can't tell from his witty chapter titles where he's going to go from there. Would this book be instructive for someone who might be writing for a Christian youth magazine, and other related "genres"? I'm hoping it has more than just a critique but also a positive way to live in the world. For those who've read Myers' book, does he do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back