Possible New 2008 Tentmaker Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaHuguenot

Puritanboard Librarian
I have been in touch with the kind gentleman who has made the titles below available for possible reprint by Tentmaker Publications. Phil Roberts at Tentmaker is soliciting feedback as to the level of interest in these works. If you are interested, please let him know:

http://tentmaker.org.uk/content/?p=84

Possible publications for 2008

In addition to The Gospel Revealed to Job by Hulbert (due out in mid-March) and John Fawcett’s Exposition of the Acts. 3 vols (Spurgeon says: “A fine series of expository discourses. Sometimes we differ.”), we are currently considering the following:

1. E.W. Hengstenberg on Psalms

2. E.W. Hengstenbrg, The Revelation expounded for those who search the Scriptures. Translated by Patrick Fairbairn, D.D. 2 vols., 8vo. Edinb., 1851-52. S. 14/6. (Spurgeon says: “Highly esteemed by the best judges”).

3. R Breckinridge, The Kingdom of God considered (2 vol.)

4. James Hamilton, Sermons and Discourses. (Receives the highest marks from Spurgeon on his work on Moses and his commentary on Ecclesiastes).

5. R S Candlish, Reason and Revelation

6. Jean Daille, Exposition of Philippians & Exposition of Colossians. Translated by Rev. James Sherman. Imp. 8vo. Lond., 1841. (Spurgeon: “Very sweet and evangelical: after the French manner”).

7. Robert Robinson on History of Baptism

8. Sermons of James Ussher

We are checking if others are planning these and also assessing interest. Please let us know if you would be interested in any of these titles.

What I want to know is WHY Puritan Fast Sermons isn't in this list???? Tentmakers has been promising that set for some time.

I have been in touch with the kind gentleman who has made the titles below available for possible reprint by Tentmaker Publications. Phil Roberts at Tentmaker is soliciting feedback as to the level of interest in these works. If you are interested, please let him know:

In addition to The Gospel Revealed to Job by Hulbert (due out in mid-March) and John Fawcett’s Exposition of the Acts. 3 vols (Spurgeon says: “A fine series of expository discourses. Sometimes we differ.”), we are currently considering the following:

2. E.W. Hengstenbrg, The Revelation expounded for those who search the Scriptures. Translated by Patrick Fairbairn, D.D. 2 vols., 8vo. Edinb., 1851-52. S. 14/6. (Spurgeon says: “Highly esteemed by the best judges”).

4. James Hamilton, Sermons and Discourses. (Receives the highest marks from Spurgeon on his work on Moses and his commentary on Ecclesiastes).

6. Jean Daille, Exposition of Philippians & Exposition of Colossians. Translated by Rev. James Sherman. Imp. 8vo. Lond., 1841. (Spurgeon: “Very sweet and evangelical: after the French manner”).

We are checking if others are planning these and also assessing interest. Please let us know if you would be interested in any of these titles.

I would definitely buy those by Hengstenberg!

I attempted to leave feedback but got an error page.

James Hamilton gets my vote. For some time now I have been trying to collect his 6 Volume Collected Works. (I still need volumes 3 and 4). Hamilton is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. His eloquence enhances his sermons which breathe of experiential religion and the centrality of Christ. I first discovered his work "The Royal Preacher" while recently preaching through Ecclesiastes. It was fabulous. His, "Moses the Man of God" I also highly commend as well as his sermons. The church would be much enriched if his works were more widely available.

I also tried to contact Tentmaker but got an "error" message. The book "Sermons of James Ussher" could possibly contain the same material that was published by Soli Deo Gloria as "The Puritan Pulpit: James Ussher." We took it from a 19th century copy of Ussher's sermons.

How about a companion to Goode's Charismatic Confusion; namely: The Divine Rule of Faith?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back