Possible to splice and combine from within an mp3 track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
I have an mp3 track (about 1 hour long) of Orthodox monks chanting the Psalms in English. 90% of it is simply beautiful. It is a wonderful way to memorize parts of the psalms and pray/breathe them all day. There are a few problems, though.

1. Their rendition of Psalm 45 has prayers to Mary in it.
2. The priest spends about two minutes before introducing the psalm explaining the psalm. I have no problem with that, but it's not what I want to listen to.

Is there any way to splice the "chanting" parts and attach them to each other?

Audacity will do the job. It's really easy to use, it shows you the file visually so you can just highlight any bits you want to get rid of and then hit delete.

Another possibility while working on this would be to split it up into the individual Psalms. Then put them into a play list so you can easily pick which to hear, or have them play in a random order.

I have used Audacity before. A simpler program to use for cutting mp3 files is mp3DirectCut. The nice thing with this tool is it does not re-encode the files and alter the quality.

Jacob - I work in audio/visual for a living. If you are having any problems, you can upload the MP3 to dropbox and I'll edit it for you including splitting it into tracks. These software packages can be daunting. God bless, Matt

Jacob - the fact that I work with this stuff for a living was just to let you know I'm used to working with the tools and I know how hard they can be. It wasn't meant to infer that I was looking to charge you by the way! Anyway - I'd love to help so let me know if I can :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back