Post mil question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyFlynt

Puritan Board Doctor
DH has a question (but he doesn't get on much...I'm the computer geek)...

Is there a post mil position outside of partial preterism? If so explain...

He's reading the Three Discourses...(figure you'll know what that is, I haven't a clue...I'm just now getting comfortable talking about anything outside of my premil view).

Originally posted by Paul manata
Jay Adams is amill

Bummer. Thanks for the correction. I misunderstood his position after reading this statement in the aforementioned article:

However, I believe that major problems have been caused by the most popular system: dispensational premillennialism. Ironically, I did not know anything of the postmillennial view until I became aware of the limitations of the dispensational paradigm. In searching for a view to replace dispensationalism, I found postmillennialism to be most convincing.

He goes on to say that he is indeed amil. Sorry for the confusion.

The article nevertheless contains some helpful distinctions between the various eschatalogical views.

Okay...let me get a little more specific...there is no way we are going with Amil (no offense to the amil brothers out there).

Please explain the diff between partial preterist and preterist (for me the wife) and is there post mil outside of these two altogether? (Am I making any sense or maybe I'm missing much something...)

Originally posted by Me Died Blue
What do full preterists say happens to both believers and unbelievers after death?

well, that's interesting. Some full prets hold to anhialationism, which I think is consistant. But, most say that believers go to 'heaven" and unbelievers to "hell."

I've been trying to find out from various "ivory tower" full prets what passages they appeal to to support their concept of heaven. I think that I can show all the verses that they use have been fulfilled, on their scheme. But they have never answerd me and I think ths is because, as with all cults, they don't have a systematically defined system.

Also, some believe that Jesus does not have a body currently. This discussion is interesting because there are two who are in heaven now who were taken up bodily, so they have location. But the rest of us will not have bodies and so will not have location. It's all very confusing.

Indeed. By the way, you said:

Full preterists would hold that *all* eschatological prophecies have been fulfilled. Thus the final advent, the resurrection, the fulfillment of the great comission, the final apostacy, the loosing of satan, has already happened and we are living in the new heavens and earth right now. So, those who hold to this position are heretics and should be turned

But Paul, since it's heretics we're talking about, don't you mean "should be burned"? ;)

where in the world did "christians" (historical) ever get the idea of "burning" in the first place! (shaking my head in bewilderment)

Originally posted by Paul manata[/i] So, those who hold to this position are heretics and should be turned

But Paul, since it's heretics we're talking about, don't you mean "should be burned"? ;) [/quote]

Maybe he meant that they had been sufficiently burned on one side and now it's time to turn them. :um:

Paul, I'm noting a hint of cynicism toward women from you today...LOL.

We were told be silent in the church (unless our heads are covered and mine usually is) but no where does it tell us to be brainless idiots...I'll make the koolaid, but I'll think awfully hard about where to pour it when I'm done!

In fact I believe Mary did the better part because she had a mind instead of brainlessly mixing the koolaid like poor Martha...

I think he meant "Jim Jones" koolaid - and was totally kidding:p He's got a head full of Pseudofed, or, as we say out in Oregon "methamphetamine precursor", so what can we expect?

Paul, are you saying we got the idea to burn witches from a snake?:lol:

Originally posted by LadyFlynt
where in the world did "christians" (historical) ever get the idea of "burning" in the first place! (shaking my head in bewilderment)

I think from Monty Python... "she's a which... buuurrrrn her"

Only if she weighs the same as a duck...

Who are you, Good Sir Paul, who are so wise in the ways of science? :D

http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/grail/grail-05.htm

Meg, I thought you only had tree-huggin pot heads in Oregon?

Actually, we have quite a little "meth" out here in Oregon, the governor is of course frantically trying to clean it up, or trying to appear to be cleaning it up...whichever. There was an article about it in the paper again today on the front page. But we do have the tree-huggin' pot heads as well.:down:

LadyFlynt, I would highly recommend you read Jonathan Edwards' "History of Redemption." It is divided in three parts (from creation to Christ, the time of Christ, and then from Christ to the Second Coming). Edwards was postmillenial, but not preterist (at least not in the sense that Gentry, North, et al are today). Edwards believed that some of Revelation had been fulfilled and that some was yet to come. He did not believe that the millennium began in 70 AD or in 30 AD (at the resurrection). If you are interested in postmillenialism, this book is a must read.

You can find Part # (from Christ's First Coming to His Second Coming) online for free at: http://www.crta.org/books/edwards/redemption/index_hisred.html

Originally posted by sastark
LadyFlynt, I would highly recommend you read Jonathan Edwards' "History of Redemption." It is divided in three parts (from creation to Christ, the time of Christ, and then from Christ to the Second Coming). Edwards was postmillenial, but not preterist (at least not in the sense that Gentry, North, et al are today). Edwards believed that some of Revelation had been fulfilled and that some was yet to come. He did not believe that the millennium began in 70 AD or in 30 AD (at the resurrection). If you are interested in postmillenialism, this book is a must read.

You can find Part # (from Christ's First Coming to His Second Coming) online for free at: http://www.crta.org/books/edwards/redemption/index_hisred.html

Excellent resource, Seth! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back