Post-Reformation Reformed Dogmatics Price Increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatechumenPatrick

Puritan Board Freshman
Hey everyone, quick question. Has anyone noticed that the price of Richard Muller's PRRD has sky-rocketed? The 4-volume set used to be 79.99 (I think) on Monergism, but now it is no longer sold on the site. It also used to be reasonably priced (sub-100) at Christian books and Reformation heritage books, but now it is no longer on those sites, either. I can only find it on WTS books for $200--a very large jump from its previous price and rather out of the reach of a seminary student I must say. Does anyone have any info about this? Has it gone out of print? Know of any links to (much) cheaper copies? This does not bold well at all, considering that the collection is the most important secondary work on post-reformation reformed theology in English. Very, very bad news in any case unless I am missing something.

I think it must be supply and demand. For instance Joseph Caryl on Job is cheaper now than the prepublication price (more copies available than buyers). The Muller is rising as copies get scarce would be my guess. I have a set I would part with if that is of interest, but it would not be sub100. $125 postage paid.

I think it must be supply and demand. For instance Joseph Caryl on Job is cheaper now than the prepublication price (more copies available than buyers). The Muller is rising as copies get scarce would be my guess. I have a set I would part with if that is of interest, but it would not be sub100. $125 postage paid.

I was worried it might be due to available copies simply running out, but I find it unlikely that the demand is not still present as the set or individual volumes are required texts in a number of Reformed seminary classes.

Hey everyone, quick question. Has anyone noticed that the price of Richard Muller's PRRD has sky-rocketed? The 4-volume set used to be 79.99 (I think) on Monergism, but now it is no longer sold on the site. It also used to be reasonably priced (sub-100) at Christian books and Reformation heritage books, but now it is no longer on those sites, either. I can only find it on WTS books for $200--a very large jump from its previous price and rather out of the reach of a seminary student I must say. Does anyone have any info about this? Has it gone out of print? Know of any links to (much) cheaper copies? This does not bold well at all, considering that the collection is the most important secondary work on post-reformation reformed theology in English. Very, very bad news in any case unless I am missing something.
I paid around $160 for the electronic version in Logos. Needed a searchable venue for this wonderful set.

AMR

For anyone who is interested, solid ground books had a flyer the other day which noted that PRRD is going out of print and that they purchased the remaining copies--only volumes 1 and 2 of which remain in stock. They are selling the first two volumes for nearly half of the price of amazon, here: SGCB | Book Search
Hopefully, then, we will see this set come back into print soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back