Posting on The Sabbath?

Should a strict believer in the 4th Commandment Post on the Sabbath?

• Yes

Votes: 45 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well whoever does wouldn't be replying to your post until tomorrow. :lol: hehe

However I consider posting = communicating

Is it wrong to speak on the sabbath? or to communicate with brothers and sisters on the sabbath? :gpl:

I also consider posting as communication. I missed out on services today due to a sick child.

If you can talk on the phone on the Lord's Day then you can do email. It's a conversation. It is communication.

Unless you have a vow of silence or feel pressured to "work" while emailing, then go for it - as long as it is not work for you.

If you could not post on Sunday, then you could not talk on the phone or use your cb radio (ten four good buddy) or sms anyone. You couldn't even write a letter then.

I didn't answer, since your question cannot apply to every strict 4th commandment sabbatarian (S4CS).

If I were to answer "Yes", it would imply that I believe every S4CS must get an Internet enabled device and post on the PB on Sunday. :)

Maybe you should have added "Other" to the poll... :)

Maybe "could" instead of "should"?

I didn't answer, since your question cannot apply to every strict 4th commandment sabbatarian (S4CS).

If I were to answer "Yes", it would imply that I believe every S4CS must get an Internet enabled device and post on the PB on Sunday. :)

Maybe you should have added "Other" to the poll... :)

Maybe "could" instead of "should"?

I see someone is a polity junkie... :lol:

This is heresy sirrah. That you would post on the Sabbath a question concerning posting on the Sabbath is a most heinous offense.

I did not answer the poll question because it is not precise. The question is not "Should..." but "May..."? I would answer that question yes. Answering the OP's question "yes" obligates the believer to post!

I cannot vote one way nor the other.

I do not post on the Sabbath because I believe the Lord has given me 6 other days in the week to interact on the PB as well as other things.

Others understand these things differently.

I believe, though me MAY use PuritanBoard on the sabbath, it may not be the most appropriate use of the Lord's day.

As far as that goes, the rule at our house is that we leave the computers off.

I try to stay away from the entertainment and sports categories, but this (the PB) is where I am spiritually fed (WRT Christian teaching) - I love PB'ing on the Sabbath. It would be no different to me than having one of you guys over for coffee after church and discussing theology (but seeing as how Rich, Pergy, and Duncan are my closest neighbors, it's just not in the cards. However, if you guys put yourselves through the trouble to come all the way, I'm happy to have you over any time!)

Ha, howdy neighbor!

Yes, this board is where I am engaged on topics that I like. Hard to find a good discussion on reformed theology in my parts.

I am not sure there is a hard and fast rule here. I choose to keep the computers off for the most part on the Lord's day. If I am not worshipping with the Church I should be worshipping with my family, not separated from either while on the PB.

I don't post on the PB on the Lord's day for the same reason I don't post during any stated worship be that Private, Family or Public.

I knew a guy whose aim in life was to have a fatwa declared against him. Apparently, all you need is a comic strip and a newspaper.

Since fellowship with other believers is a way of sanctifying the Lord's day, then I do not know why it would be wrong to post on the Sabbath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back