Postmodernism and Critical Theory Resources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

83r17h

Puritan Board Freshman
Good morning,

In my career it seems I am running more and more into ideas and concepts that are influenced by postmodernism and critical theory. My question is twofold:

1) Are there any good resources by Christian / Reformed authors that deal with those two ideas?
2) What are the "primary sources," if you will, of postmodernism and critical theory?

I'm not looking for popular level books, but rather comprehensive ones, or deep and focused ones. Thanks!

2) What are the "primary sources," if you will, of postmodernism and critical theory?

I'm not sure about "primary sources" for critical theory, but Neil Shenvi's apologetics site is a terrific online resource.

Edit: here is a list of "primary sources" that Shenvi mentions: https://shenviapologetics.com/critical-theory-reading-list/

Good morning,

In my career it seems I am running more and more into ideas and concepts that are influenced by postmodernism and critical theory. My question is twofold:

1) Are there any good resources by Christian / Reformed authors that deal with those two ideas?

I'm not looking for popular level books, but rather comprehensive ones, or deep and focused ones. Thanks!
Derrida, Foucault, and Judith Butler come to mind. I haven't read them much yet, because 1) my John Owen has priority, and 2) not my idea of a good time.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks! I wasn't aware of Shenvi's site, I'll definitely need to take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back