Praise Song Sung on American Idol Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremy, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

So you're a fan of the show, that's fine. I can't say any believer who likes Idol 'makes my blood boil'. Wow! You need to keep this in perspective. Four thousand babies will be murdered to day and even more girls are being held in sexual slavery. That's what makes our blood boil.

Television? I just turn it off.

I'm not a fan of the show, but I am a fan of those two individuals. If FOX (I think it's their show) went down in flames, I would rejoice, and AI never airing again wouldn't bother me in the least.

Making harsh statements about AI doesn't make my blood boil - I do the same myself. But what does do it is the smearing of believing, respectable contestants (brothers and sisters in the Lord) along with everyone else.

The fact that there are more heinous issues than AI is not relevant. Wrongly speaking of those in the household of faith cannot be downplayed, and is worthy of a little boiling blood.

Hand raising....

Although, the little country girl, has bought into the culture as far as dress, I couldn't help but notice, her hand raising.

We can judge her by her actions, and say, "Look at her dress." But I'm sure glad my being found in Christ, and my ability to praise him, is not determined by what other people's, judgments are about my actions, but on Christ's Actions.

If she--albeit, young and dressing inappropriately--is in Christ, God Bless her for Praising Him. As bad as some may see it, for her to wear the outfits she wears, and rightly call that out, it's no worse, than the sin, we keep hidden in our hearts.

When it takes a sinless person, to praise God, we're all in big trouble.

Bawb...I think you are just green with envy, and want to be Simon's replacement...:lol: Joking obviously, I appreciate your balance. :) For one who brings so much quality entertainment, you sure are harsh on this form of it.:think:

How do you know that some of the kids that participate in the show aren't believers? Does participating in the show automatically disqualify them from being a believer?

My intention is not to disqualify anyone as a believer who participates in the show. Which I'm sure there are. However, just because someone is a believer doesn't mean their at liberty to approach and worship God as they please.

How do you know that some of the kids that participate in the show aren't believers? Does participating in the show automatically disqualify them from being a believer?

My intention is not to disqualify anyone as a believer who participates in the show. Which I'm sure there are. However, just because someone is a believer doesn't mean their at liberty to approach and worship God as they please.

Huh? Am I not at liberty to sing a worship song outside of church?

Huh? Am I not at liberty to sing a worship song outside of church?

Not with unbelievers I guess, or on American Idol, or both....

I dunno:confused:

On a similar note, can we know that the Cyrus girl is absolutely not a Christian? She's pretty young (15) and has plenty of time to grow (or not). Her dad has her in this line of work after all.

I knew that was coming, I hae to go to the site to remember their names...hold on....

Brooke White
David Archuleta
Jason Castro
Kristy Lee Cook
Syesha Mercado

I am not sure any of them are or are not but I am not going to insist they aren't unless I have more to base it on than being on American Idol. Past contestant Mandeesa is up for a Grammy for her gospel album "True Beauty"

If I was joking I would have winked or smiled.......

I found the whole swaying of the hips to be typical of the music and of the beat and very erotic and sensual...

They sure do sway a lot to the music in a very erotic and sexual way...

Another example of CCM mimicking the world....

Are you joking or serious? Really, I can't tell...

Thanks for clarifying, but I couldn't disagree more. I'm not going to defend all things American Idol, but the show is generally pretty "clean," and I didn't see anything at all sexual or erotic in that performance. In fact, I've seen more "hip swaying," cleavage, and shorter skirts in conservative Bible Belt churches on Sunday morning.

Many of you could never be house parents (lol), not that any of you have said you wanted to be, but if you were I believe you might faint the first day on the job.

Many of you could never be house parents (lol), not that any of you have said you wanted to be, but if you were I believe you might faint the first day on the job.

Same thing for being a minister. Maybe some of us should move to Saudi Arabia.

I knew that was coming, I hae to go to the site to remember their names...hold on....

Brooke White
David Archuleta
Jason Castro
Kristy Lee Cook
Syesha Mercado

I am not sure any of them are or are not but I am not going to insist they aren't unless I have more to base it on than being on American Idol. Past contestant Mandeesa is up for a Grammy for her gospel album "True Beauty"

I have been impressed with the attitude and demeanor of David Archuleta. I was not sure if he is a Christian, but had assumed because he lived in Salt Lake City with his family he may be Mormon. Brooke had expressed strong religious convictions in her audition and Simon kind of gave her a hard time. There have been a number of professing Christians on Am. Idol. I thought the performance of Shout to the Lord was much better on Wednesday because the contestants were all dressed very nice, than last night. I thought they did a nice job on the song and I like that song, but I have a difficult time listening to it with the way some of them were dressed and watching it as more of a performance than a song of praise.

I found the whole swaying of the hips to be typical of the music and of the beat and very erotic and sensual...

Thanks for clarifying, but I couldn't disagree more. I'm not going to defend all things American Idol, but the show is generally pretty "clean," and I didn't see anything at all sexual or erotic in that performance. In fact, I've seen more "hip swaying," cleavage, and shorter skirts in conservative Bible Belt churches on Sunday morning.

Exactly. Most of what passes for worship in those churches is more like a rock concert and that is certainly idolatry. That is why worship is to be regulated according to the word and not according to our own sensual desires.

I have been impressed with the attitude and demeanor of David Archuleta. I was not sure if he is a Christian, but had assumed because he lived in Salt Lake City with his family he may be Mormon. Brooke had expressed strong religious convictions in her audition and Simon kind of gave her a hard time. There have been a number of professing Christians on Am. Idol. I thought the performance of Shout to the Lord was much better on Wednesday because the contestants were all dressed very nice, than last night. I thought they did a nice job on the song and I like that song, but I have a difficult time listening to it with the way some of them were dressed and watching it as more of a performance than a song of praise.

Archuleta is just down the road from us.

I have to admit I'm impressed with the kid.

I have been impressed with the attitude and demeanor of David Archuleta. I was not sure if he is a Christian, but had assumed because he lived in Salt Lake City with his family he may be Mormon. Brooke had expressed strong religious convictions in her audition and Simon kind of gave her a hard time. There have been a number of professing Christians on Am. Idol.

I don't know about Archuleta, but Brooke White is definitely Mormon.

I will go you one step crazier than praising God on commercial television.
I would do it to an adulter or a prostitute.
If Oprah is going to throw down her snake you better be ready to throw down one that can eat it every chance you get.

I have been impressed with the attitude and demeanor of David Archuleta. I was not sure if he is a Christian, but had assumed because he lived in Salt Lake City with his family he may be Mormon. Brooke had expressed strong religious convictions in her audition and Simon kind of gave her a hard time. There have been a number of professing Christians on Am. Idol.

I don't know about Archuleta, but Brooke White is definitely Mormon.

:um: Thanks, I did not realize that Brooke was Mormon. Which branch FLDS or LDS? :lol:

They sure do sway a lot to the music in a very erotic and sexual way...

Another example of CCM mimicking the world....

I loathe most if not all of CCM and "contemporary worship." That being said, honestly is there anything that you do not find very erotic and sensual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back