Preaching in Chicagoland: Consider yourself invited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N. Eshelman

Puritan Board Senior
Friends,

I am preaching at Westminster Reformed Presbyterian Church in Prairie View, IL this coming Lord's Day. This is a congregation that I am candidating in. Please pray that God would bless my (and my family) time there, as well as the congregation.

If anyone is in the area, please come and worship with us. It is a small, struggling congregation and could use some fresh Puritan Board faces! :)

I wish I could be there to support you, but I'll be preaching myself that good Sunday morning...I love Sunday morning!

I went to the website...nice church building.

I went to a church two years ago that had four people left in it. We now have 40 and we will soon be erecting our first building. The church you are going to may be struggling but God can change that. You have to let Him do it!

May the Lord bless your time there and grant encouragement to these dear brothers. There is nothing like the solid preaching of the word to truly encourage!

Friends,

I am preaching at Westminster Reformed Presbyterian Church in Prairie View, IL this coming Lord's Day. This is a congregation that I am candidating in. Please pray that God would bless my (and my family) time there, as well as the congregation.

If anyone is in the area, please come and worship with us. It is a small, struggling congregation and could use some fresh Puritan Board faces! :)

I searched Prairie View to see if anyone from here was headed to Westminster RPC. My brother-in-law, Charles, is their former pastor--do you know him?

Friends,

I searched Prairie View to see if anyone from here was headed to Westminster RPC. My brother-in-law, Charles, is their former pastor--do you know him?

I do know Charles. He is a great guy. He gave me my Systematics and Distinctive Principles I exam at presbytery. Good stuff.

Are you Miriam's sister, or through his side?

Friends,

I do know Charles. He is a great guy. He gave me my Systematics and Distinctive Principles I exam at presbytery. Good stuff.

I'm married to his brother! Do you know Rut, also?

I do, but not as well. We only really know of each other, and could recognize each other. I know Charles a lot better.

I do, but not as well. We only really know of each other, and could recognize each other. I know Charles a lot better.

That's cool. You are out closer to Chi-town, anyway, right?
Charles's sister, Evelyn (Rut's wife) is one of my favorite people in the world. I want to move back to Pittsburgh just so our kids can grow up seeing e/o more than just summer break and holidays.
I love the whole RP world where everyone knows--at least of--everyone else. I wish the PCA was like that. I do covet that close-knittedness. Plus, I think more RP people play Settlers.
I don't think there's even one RP church in VA. I know the Butterfields had a church plant here before, but they are in MD now. We're not EP, but there are no EP churches within an hour and a half's drive from us...I'm thinking you guys need a Church plant in Central VA! I know of at least two families in our congregation who are EP (I'm not saying they'd leave, I have no idea.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back