Preaching programme

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Puritan Board Senior
I would be interested to know what sermon series is currently being preached in your church. (Or series that is about to begin) In our church we begin next week a series on Acts 16-20 and the significant cities where the church grew.

I would also like to ask pastors what series they have preached on in the past that was a particular blessing to you personally. I would also be interested to know which series has had the biggest impact on your church.

Currently our pastor is working through the book of James (spent about a month and are now going into the 3rd chapter). This actually is a little break from the long (very long) series he has been doing in Romans.

Not too long ago I finished up a series from Romans 5-8.

Now I am getting ready to start a series on Gen. 37-50 on the life of Joseph.

I would be interested to know what sermon series is currently being preached in your church. (Or series that is about to begin) In our church we begin next week a series on Acts 16-20 and the significant cities where the church grew.

I would also like to ask pastors what series they have preached on in the past that was a particular blessing to you personally. I would also be interested to know which series has had the biggest impact on your church.

I forgot to add: for those who are not pastors, what series meant most to you?

Last night I completed the book of Genesis which I began in Jan 2007. The series comprises 34 messages (I wasn't preaching every week when I began it and I have dealt with various other issues in 'one-off' messages from time to time)

It has been a great blessing to me personally - and I really hope to others too. The great theme of 'future hope' is very popular with my largely aged congregation.

Godwilling we will study Galatians next.

Our pastor has just begun the 2nd chapter of 1 Peter, (1 Peter 2:1-3 yesterday) in a series that he began in mid-April.

Tim Keller did a series (something like 22 weeks) on Wisdom from Proverbs a few years back. I found that extremely helpful. Proverbs is such a rich text for many subjects (including Wisdom) but often times it is easy to come away from the book feeling you left a lot of meat on the bones. I found Pastor Keller's series very helpful in pulling together the many strands through Proverbs into a coherent series on key areas where we need to use wisdom (anger, envy, repairing relationships).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back