Presbyterians observe holy days because of past apostasy and failure to reform

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
Presbyterians observe holy days like Christmas now as a good thing and with attended ceremonies, without any apparent appreciation or even concession or acknowledgment of the real will worship and idolatry associated with and going on this time of year, because of unfaithful men in the Presbyterian churches in the past— because of infatuation with replacing the plain orders of worship of Presbyterianism with more liturgical worship in the mid 19th century, and liberalizing churches introducing in addition the church calendar in the early twentieth, and supposed conservative Presbyterians happy to retain all this after coming out of the liberal apostate churches in the early mid 20th century.

Or am I wrong? Was there some principled basis in our worship principles for why Presbyterians now have this practice?

Last edited:
I truly believe is a simple matter of ignorance of our history, and if there is some knowledge of the history it is simply swept aside as being crazy ideas.

I truly believe is a simple matter of ignorance of our history, and if there is some knowledge of the history it is simply swept aside as being crazy ideas.
See another current thread, where it is discarded as "fanaticism."

See another current thread, where it is discarded as "fanaticism."

Well, that post concerning the "fanaticism" of the Puritans was certainly an interesting take to have on the Puritan...Board!

I've seen Presbyterian Churches celebrate Advent and Lent. I figure it's just a matter of time we find men defending how helpful Epiphany and Pentecost will be to celebrate as well.

It is no wonder that these churches will never hear the "whole counsel of God". Instead, I think I'll just continue to follow the lead of those "fanatical" Puritans.

Well, that post concerning the "fanaticism" of the Puritans was certainly an interesting take to have on the Puritan...Board!

I've seen Presbyterian Churches celebrate Advent and Lent. I figure it's just a matter of time we find men defending how helpful Epiphany and Pentecost will be to celebrate as well.

It is no wonder that these churches will never hear the "whole counsel of God". Instead, I think I'll just continue to follow the lead of those "fanatical" Puritans.

Hold yer horses cowboy. You and that Tom guy. Of course you’re proving my point, but if you’re going to cite me try to do it correctly. I wrote (after a very true intro about the nature of interpretation of any principle) that “The RPW is a lovely principle, unfortunately weaponized with fanatical fervor by our Puritan forefathers.” So the word fanatical modifies fervor and is a descriptor of it. Frankly, I think they’d have worn that description of their fervor as a badge of honor.

Hold yer horses cowboy. You and that Tom guy. Of course you’re proving my point, but if you’re going to cite me try to do it correctly. I wrote (after a very true intro about the nature of interpretation of any principle) that “The RPW is a lovely principle, unfortunately weaponized with fanatical fervor by our Puritan forefathers.” So the word fanatical modifies fervor and is a descriptor of it. Frankly, I think they’d have worn that description of their fervor as a badge of honor.

"Unfortunately...weaponized...fanatical fervor"

None of that sounds like you had something positive to say about our Puritan fathers, brother.

You're quite right. You used an adjective, not a noun. So it wasn't "fanaticism," just "fanatical fervour."

Glad to have cleared that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back