Presidential Poll

Which candidate would you vote for (see thread)

• Candidate A

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Candidate B

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Candidate C

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Puritanboard Commissioner
Seeing the Presidential Quiz linked in Politics and Government, I decided to post an old, but more effective test.

Please pick one; individual results will not be shown.

Candidate A - Conspires with leading media figures and politicians to cover up the effects of a debilitating illness. Habitually unfaithful to his wife with a series of mistresses. Chain smoker and a heavy drinker. Consults astrologers and consorts with crooked poltiticans.

Candidate B - Kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey a day.

Candidate C - Decorated war hero, worked as an undercover counterintelligence agent, non-smoker, light drinker, loves dogs, and never unfaithful to his wife.

Edward,
I'm guessing you have something up your sleeve with this poll and I'm interested in the results, so I'll hold tight. What the bio's for the candidates doesn't show me is their political position, voting record, view of government, whether they have some governing religious belief,.... All of the "good" qualities listed above, I would prefer a military man (he knows the cost of war and the cost of non war), one who loves dogs, likes an occasional glass of Glenlivet Scotch, and is apparently faithful in at least one important area of his life. Given the little info above, candidate 1 is a typical politician (dirt bag) and candidate 2 is a lazy sloth, neither of which is qualified for high office. Unfortunately for us (the U.S.), everything is being turned upside-down and candidates 1&2 will be desirable to many....in fact, I think we've had such in our recent history........

I'm fairly sure I know who the first two are, but not C, though I'm guessing the latter will have a gotcha.

I cheated and did a google search so I know who is who. A by a long shot, though I have admiration for B. As for C liking dogs ...... I'm a cat person ...... :um:

I believe I know who C is, because I just read a biography of him, but I can't place A and B. Post answers soon, please! :)

Candidate B and C aren't eligible to run in the US, which makes it easier.

If this was in P&G instead of humor, that might call for a comment about somewhere in the British Empire/Commonwealth. Or a candidate running in a different country than that in which he was born :D (No, that isn't a comment about former candidate George Romney. )

I am kicking myself for not seeing "B" immediately. A and C were obvious (even wordsmithed as they are) to me as a history buff. B should have added "chained smoked cigars." :D

I am kicking myself for not seeing "B" immediately. A and C were obvious (even wordsmithed as they are) to me as a history buff. B should have added "chained smoked cigars." :D

I initially thought that A was JFK. I was stumped with B because I thought the quiz was limited to past presidents of the USA and I didn't know of any that drank that much liquor. Maybe Grant ?

C voters will be quite miffed once they find out who they voted for. :detective:

Since this ran out of steam several weeks ago, and most of you have figured it out, let me get the answer key posted before the thread locks itself

Candidate A - Roosevelt
Candidate B - Churchill
Candidate C - Hitler

I'd vote for Candidate D, a write-in.... the only candidate with a Zombie Preparedness Plan and who promises free ponies for all!

the only candidate with a Zombie Preparedness Plan and who promises free ponies for all!

Well, I wouldn't compromise like you If they can't promise free unicorns, I won't settle for the free pony candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back