Priest who broke celibacy vow joins Episcopal Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. So apparently you immediately abandon transubstantiation, belief in indulgences, allegience to the Pope, and all the rest once you leave the Catholic church. That was fast!

Of course, I think you could worship your shoes and be ordained somewhere in The Episcopal Church.

Wow. So apparently you immediately abandon transubstantiation, belief in indulgences, allegience to the Pope, and all the rest once you leave the Catholic church. That was fast!

Of course, I think you could worship your shoes and be ordained somewhere in The Episcopal Church.

Actually, I dont' think he really has to give up any of those beliefs. If he ever actually had them, he can certainly continue to practice them within the ECUSA.

Strictly speaking, I think, the vow of celebacy renounces marriage. Did this guy get married?

Chastity is a different story.

Priests I knew back in Butte Montana explained the difference to me once in an attempt to explain the behavior of some of their historic popes.

Strictly speaking, I think, the vow of celebacy renounces marriage. Did this guy get married?

Chastity is a different story.

Priests I knew back in Butte Montana explained the difference to me once in an attempt to explain the behavior of some of their historic popes.

I don't believe TEC will care whether he's married or not. After all they cannonized a openly unrepentant homosexual as an Archbishop. :barfy:

It seems everyone can be ordained in ECUSA, "converted" by a woman :think:

Well it sounds better than "Became protestant out of lust"

It seems everyone can be ordained in ECUSA, "converted" by a woman :think:

Well it sounds better than "Became protestant out of lust"

Ironically, that's how Anglicanism sprang into being...not much has changed in 500 hundred years, eh?

At least it was a tryst with a woman of age.

Around here the local Catholic girls call him 'Father-What-a-Waste'. He is pretty popular with the raging hormone age of Catholic girls.

It's interesting to me that Rome talks about the unity and purity of "the one true Church" yet fails to discipline those who go against their doctrine. But what do you expect from an apostate church?

At least it was a tryst with a woman of age.

Around here the local Catholic girls call him 'Father-What-a-Waste'. He is pretty popular with the raging hormone age of Catholic girls.

I have to wonder how you know this! :lol:

:um: :eek:

I have a very broad ministry. No, wait, that didn't come out right.

I have a wide range of contacts.

No, that's not quite right either.

Um, here goes again:

My daughter has a couple of friends who are Catholic. They are 'good' girls, a distinct minority in the parochial schools around here. Add that to the fact the Mobile is still a very Catholic place (thanks a lot d'Iberville) and it is not difficult to find out what is going on.

It seems everyone can be ordained in ECUSA...

Unless you're too orthodox. Young conservatives often have a very rough go of it in Episcopal seminaries... for that matter, in PC(USA), Evangelical Lutheran, and many Roman Catholic seminaries as well. Faithfulness, if made a problem (that is, if vocalized), is easily deemed "rigidity" and "immature faith" by those in charge. They might send you to the shrinks.

"Father Cutie is still bound by his promise to live a celibate life, which he freely embraced at ordination," Favalora said. "Only the Holy Father can release him from that obligation."

Serious question: To whom is "the Holy Father" a reference?

it is a reference to the pope of rome.

Seriously? He's the (capitalized) "Holy Father"? Wow. When I first read that quote, I didn't think anything of it, assuming it was talking about the true Father. When I went back through the article, it hit me that might be a reference to the pope. Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back