Principle of Divine right church government

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this work address what subjection the church owes to the state? If so, what part?
Part 2, chapter nine, but not exhaustively and in context of the general subject in view; so for instance, I do not recall they address if the magistrate can call for no gatherings during the time of plague.

So is that Chinese Winnie the Pooh guy ruling under divine right?

And how about if the CIA could kill him an set up another guy.

Is that guy then ruling under divine right?

Divine Right of Kings sounds like a convenient way for folks to hold onto power. Divine right doesn't do much good if you have willing assassins to exterminate these folks.

Divine Right of Kings sounds like a convenient way for folks to hold onto power. Divine right doesn't do much good if you have willing assassins to exterminate these folks.
You might be in the wrong thread.

Winnie is ruling by Divine decree, and if the the CIA whacked him it would be by God's decree and in His providence which rules all things. But I'm not sure that's what this thread is about.

Truly the wrong thread. Start your own thread if you like.

You might be in the wrong thread.

Winnie is ruling by Divine decree, and if the the CIA whacked him it would be by God's decree and in His providence which rules all things. But I'm not sure that's what this thread is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back