Procrastination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey

Puritan Board Junior
I'm looking for rather poignant and convicting scriptural and theological arguments to rid my slothful heart of this terrible disease.
eusa_doh.gif

Go to the Ant ...
It's in Proverbs, I will have to look it up ...

NO PUN INTENDED

[Edited on 4-27-2006 by ANT]

Originally posted by ANT
Proverbs 6:6 - 6:11
6 Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise,
7 Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler,
8 Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest.
9 How long will you slumber, O sluggard? When will you rise from your sleep?
10 A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep --
11 So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler, And your need like an armed man.

Thanks ANT . . you're a good illustration.

Originally posted by turmeric
Prov. 26:14.
Proverbs 26:10-16
10 The great God who formed everything Gives the fool his hire and the transgressor his wages.
11 As a dog returns to his own vomit, So a fool repeats his folly.
12 Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.
13 The lazy man says, "There is a lion in the road! A fierce lion is in the streets!"
14 As a door turns on its hinges, So does the lazy man on his bed.
15 The lazy man buries his hand in the bowl; It wearies him to bring it back to his mouth.
16 The lazy man is wiser in his own eyes Than seven men who can answer sensibly.

Originally posted by StaunchPresbyterian
I'm looking for rather poignant and convicting scriptural and theological arguments to rid my slothful heart of this terrible disease.
eusa_doh.gif

This is an area that I've been meaning to address too...if I could only just get around to it.;)

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
This is an area that I've been meaning to address too...if I could only just get around to it.;)
Glad to see I'm not alone. :candle:

A phenomenal short paper on Procrastination from the Journal of Biblical Counseling. It is a must read.

Originally posted by crhoades
A phenomenal short paper on Procrastination from the Journal of Biblical Counseling. It is a must read.
Cool! Thanks! (I've been thinking of subscribing . . where'd you get the article?)

Originally posted by StaunchPresbyterian
Originally posted by crhoades
Cool! Thanks! (I've been thinking of subscribing . . where'd you get the article?)

CD-Rom of 1977-2001

2001-2003 upgrade

This particular article came from the upgrade. The articles are of great quality. You can browse by topic, author, or issue. The searching is greatly enhanced by an index that covers all issues. They are great to print out and give to people in the context of ministry. There are great articles on depression, addictions, anger, - you name it. I have learned much practical theology and issues of sanctification from these pages. Highly recommend it.

I have read many times, procrastination (Or the sin and folly of depending on future time) - Proverbs 27:1 A sermon by Johnathan Edwards.It was pretty searching in my conscience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back