ProLife - Work with Roman Catholics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot Christians participate with Roman Catholics (or Muslims, homosexuals or whomever) to stop a serial killer on the prowl or stop gang violence? My point is gang violence and serial killing (of born people) are illegal and yet it doesn't seem to give most Reformed folk pause if stopping these atrocities involves co-belligerence with _____. What makes abortion different- that it is currently legal?
RC's, Muslims, homosexuals or whomever all have their own sense of justice, law, life and (maybe) redemption. Murder is on the books and well defined in most places (so far as I am aware). Abortion is not well defined in society and so anything short of God's justice would be unsatisfactory and anything short of God's gospel would leave souls lost. In another sense I don't think it would be wise to associate with Babylonians when building a tower - we seek God's standards and delight in them. Only the Christian can offer a gospel of hope to the sinner but the RC's are much like wolves dressed as sheep. They proclaim to be the true church and offer a gospel but lack the true gospel. Do the ends (ending abortion) justify the means (allowing the issue and gospel to be confused by working with RC's)? Also, we shouldn't down play the fact that the RC's do actively try to convert those participating in the abortions to RC. How can we be unified with them as they preach a gospel of infused righteousness that cannot save? Would not this house fall? Their message is steeped in RC tradition in the way they plan activities, vigils, protests, marches, evangelism, prayer, legislation, etc.

RC's, Muslims, homosexuals or whomever all have their own sense of justice, law, life and (maybe) redemption. Murder is on the books and well defined in most places (so far as I am aware). Abortion is not well defined in society and so anything short of God's justice would be unsatisfactory and anything short of God's gospel would leave souls lost. In another sense I don't think it would be wise to associate with Babylonians when building a tower - we seek God's standards and delight in them. Only the Christian can offer a gospel of hope to the sinner but the RC's are much like wolves dressed as sheep. They proclaim to be the true church and offer a gospel but lack the true gospel. Do the ends (ending abortion) justify the means (allowing the issue and gospel to be confused by working with RC's)? Also, we shouldn't down play the fact that the RC's do actively try to convert those participating in the abortions to RC. How can we be unified with them as they preach a gospel of infused righteousness that cannot save? Would not this house fall? Their message is steeped in RC tradition in the way they plan activities, vigils, protests, marches, evangelism, prayer, legislation, etc.
Abortion used to be on the books and "well defined" and opposed. So was euthanasia. How are both of topics doing these days? That is not my point anyway. Enforcing previous abortion laws was done by those from all walks of life. How does opposing abortion necessitate praying the Rosary? It didn't 100 years ago and it doesn't now. Sorry, I can support a Catholic clinic that is facing legal attacks for not doing abortions without praying the Rosary or Eucharist Adoration. People seem to forget (or not know) that it was the St. Thomas More Society that contributed to John MacArthur's church's successful legal action regarding COVID restrictions. Was it wrong to ask them for help, or to compensate them?

Abortion used to be on the books and "well defined" and opposed. So was euthanasia. How are both of topics doing these days? That is not my point anyway. Enforcing previous abortion laws was done by those from all walks of life. How does opposing abortion necessitate praying the Rosary? It didn't 100 years ago and it doesn't now. Sorry, I can support a Catholic clinic that is facing legal attacks for not doing abortions without praying the Rosary or Eucharist Adoration. People seem to forget (or not know) that it was the St. Thomas More Society that contributed to John MacArthur's church's successful legal action regarding COVID restrictions. Was it wrong to ask them for help, or to compensate them?
You are absolutely right, they used to be well defined on the books. Some states still have them on the books and others have been rid of or altered them since Roe v. Wade and thus new legislation will need to be approved. I don't think it necessitates praying the rosary or such but may require you sit on your hands a bit or listen to strange talks/teaching. I would also support a Catholic clinic that does not do abortions because of my biblical convictions not because they are Catholic nor would I need to say a rosary, etc - much like yourself. I am not familiar with John MacArthur's dealings with the St. Thomas More Society and the agreement they may have struck so I cannot say much to it. I would note that MacArthur and the St. Thomas More Society likely are not hand-in-hand engaging people on the street with their differing messages of hope and source of authority (scripture & tradition). Do you standby and listen as a Catholic offers a false hope to the parents? I could see how the Catholics and Protestants could end up co-sponsering some action. But how close do we get in the day to day operations?

You are my new favorite theologian and I will name my next child after you. I will make 10 new secret accounts on the PB so I can like every post from you 11 times.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

When the Perg delivers, he delivers! 10/10, would definitely recommend to a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back