Proverbs commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Bridges on Proverbs is excellent! You will find it in the Geneva Series under "Proverbs" and from other sources as "An Exposition on the Book of Proverbs."

Studies in Proverbs - Laws from Heaven for Life on Earth .......William Arnot can be recommended

also

Proverbs..........Peter Muffet This is an excellent commentary and has recently been reprinted here in the UK by Tentmaker Publications. It is part of the Nichol's Series of Commentaries and in this instance the published book includes John Cotton on Ecclesiastes & Song of Solomon - again both gems

Waltke is probably the single best modern commentary, with Longman's coming in a close second. Bridges is excellent, as is Kidner.

For those who might be interested, the Bridges commentary is only .99 for Kindle.

I have this one. Problem I have with it, there is no searchable Table of Contents. So you have to read straight through or do a lot of page turning. If you want to find a passage ,you need to use the search this book feature but I do not like searching this way.

For those who might be interested, the Bridges commentary is only .99 for Kindle.

I have this one. Problem I have with it, there is no searchable Table of Contents. So you have to read straight through or do a lot of page turning. If you want to find a passage ,you need to use the search this book feature but I do not like searching this way.

back to the free google books version then.

Not sure how I helped, but your welcome.

I read google books on my computer. I had forgotten about my book's being on my computer also. So the light clicked on, I searched through Proverbs on the computer with the use of a keyboard, mouse, larger type and it was so much easier than trying to do the search on my Kindle.

John A. Kitchen's 2006 commentary in the Mentor series (Christian Focus) is very good - very thorough yet concise (a well-packed 790 pages). Kitchen is Senior Pastor of Stow Alliance Fellowship in Stow, Ohio. It's nice to know that biblical commentaries written by working pastors can get published.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back