PRTS appoints Dr. Richard Muller as Scholar in Residence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polanus1561

Puritan Board Junior
Press Release
For Immediate Release - Grand Rapids, Michigan
- - Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary announces the appointment of Dr. Richard A. Muller as Scholar-in-Residence. Dr. Joel R. Beeke, President of Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary commented, “I am pleased and honored to announce that Dr. Muller has accepted the appointment of Scholar-in-Residence. I trust that, by God’s grace, this appointment solidifies the position of Puritan Reformed for biblical, Reformed, experiential, and practical theological education.”

Dr. Muller's research and writing have been largely focused on the reassessment of the development of Protestant thought after the Reformation, with emphasis on the nature and character of Protestant orthodoxy and Reformed scholasticism in the seventeenth century. His expertise and knowledge will further broaden the offerings at the seminary and will complement our current faculty.

The newly established scholar-in-residence program enhances the engagement with our doctoral student community. The appointment of Dr. Muller will enhance the research endeavors at Puritan Reformed, as well as expand our publishing opportunities, and will be greatly valued at Puritan Reformed.

Great news; this should lead to an explosion of scholarship around Cornelis Hendrikus Elleboogius.

They'll have to elbow earlier scholarship out of the way. ;)
Perfect opportunity to re-share this gem:

288183900_1183773969112685_1006297309116715512_n.jpg

I thought he had three? ;)
Au contraire, mon ami! The text says he had other sons and daughters. We don't know how many sons he had. Of course, I actually mean the phrase "son of man." The thing is, I believe that the phrase should be translated "Son of Adam," very similar to the way Lewis uses it in Chronicles of Narnia.

Au contraire, mon ami! The text says he had other sons and daughters. We don't know how many sons he had. Of course, I actually mean the phrase "son of man." The thing is, I believe that the phrase should be translated "Son of Adam," very similar to the way Lewis uses it in Chronicles of Narnia.
As the CSB does in a number of places, notably Ecclesiastes.

In every case?

As the CSB does in a number of places, notably Ecclesiastes.
Interesting! Can you tell me some specific passages? I ask because I just did a quick search for the phrase "son of Adam" in my Accordance version of CSB 2017... and it only came up with Luke 3:38.

Ok... never mind... I changed "son" to the non-gender specific plural "children" and "descendants" and it popped up in a handful of places.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back